PDA

View Full Version : thinking its time to get rid of the flatbed for a dump

Swampy
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Was crusing Craigslist tonight came across this. Took it on a test drive, seemed to drive good and straight, was formerally owned by a municpality, has central hydralic system, hydralic salter, and a Boss poly straight blade plow. There was a few thing wrong with it, the highlights didn't turn on, the transmission shifter won't go down into 1, there was a seeping coming from the rear of the transmission to me appears to be coming from between the trans and PTO, the dumpbox floor and sides was a little rough but still solid steel. It appears to have newer hydralic hoses and fittings.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/1707799253.html

Is it worth the $10,991? I got out of the sales man that they don't deal with these trucks, its been sitting around for a while, and will work with the price.

I asked and would be bringing my 89 F350 Flatbed in as a trade which, the salesman told I could get something between 1,500 - 2,500 for it as a trade. My truck isn't in the excellent condition but it does work.

Was thinking of asking $9,500 for it, with my trade, putting down $3,000, and taking a loan out on the rest.

I have some expirence with F-SuperDuty's, I think they are nice trucks.

stuvecorp
04-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Was it a F450 or F350, didn't see which? Is it a diesel? Central hydraulics are nice, I've always had the electric over hydraulic and they are slow. I think the price does seem kinda high if it has been sitting for awhile.

Gravel Rat
04-25-2010, 03:47 AM
The F-Superduty trucks are good that one is a short wheelbase it will be a rough riding SOB. The 97 year range F-Superduty may have the detroit locker in the diff and if it is a Powerstroke the better year for that engine.

Swampy
04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
stuvecorp and GR: Its a comparable to a F450, and has a 460 gas. The gas part isn't a real big concern to much, I wish it was a powerstroke but it isn't. The rest of my equipment is gas powered, though I would like to make the switch to diesel eventually.

I was going to ask if they'll take something lower, I don't want to spend more than 9,500 on it. To me isn't really worth more than that. Plus with a trade in, and cash down on it, a loan over 48months my payments should be around $175/month. Which is nice cause my company isn't to fiancially strong in my eyes. Even though my account tells me other wise.

Gravel Rat
04-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I had a F-Superduty with 460 gas power it did good ya the fuel mileage wasn't the greatest but the 460 gas is a good engine. My truck had a 5spd which is common in B.C. .

Some problems with the F-Superduty they are rough on tires the trucks peal 16 inch rubber off like cheap toilet paper and the trucks don't have enough braking power for the weight they can carry.