PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wash equipment daily?

CustomCreations
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Just curious if anyone is as bad as I am about clean equipment. I make all the guys wash all the Hummers, Mowers, and ends of trimmers daily. I dont require a complete scrub down soap and water but just a good spray down and always do the bottom of decks daily on all 7 of the Exmarks.. Didnt know if I'm possibly the only one this anal. Good thing is I have the best looking rigs in town! And I do realize they are just going to get dirty the next day but they sure look pretty coming out in the mornings, and have actually had customers compliment on how nice the equipment looks.

minix
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
You must not have enough work then:)

mowerknower
04-24-2010, 10:35 PM
You must go through a lot of idlers and spindles. Washing is very hard on bearings. Its best to blow them down daily and only wash them once in a while. When you do wash them make sure the are cold (hot bearings suck in the water) and once you are done washing start it up and run it the blade for a while to spin all the excess water out.

greensolutions1
04-24-2010, 10:37 PM
yeah if i only had time, we are cutting early in the morning until dark

minix
04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
yeah if i only had time, we are cutting early in the morning until dark

Thats what Im talking about, mine "may" get washed on the weekend if we are not working .

93Chevy
04-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I wash quite frequently...I'm pretty anal.

Very frequently does my trimmer look brand new with no grass clippings on it.

CustomCreations
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Haha, We do fairly well for our area to say. Im not "huge" by some of your standards and contracts, but we over 170 residentials, 25 commercial stores and 17 apartment complex's as of today. I have 9 full time employees for now on mowing/landscaping crew. I am very thankful for the work I have. I love good looking equipment, even on all of my construction trailers and the trucks. Considering this is my first year( I am a General Contractor) but expanded to lawncare and landscape as well. My family owns 4 golf courses so I grew up cutting grass, horticulture, and got license for application (which really helps) I believe it was luck of the draw with connections made on other business to carry onto this one. Just wasnt sure if anyone else did this.

rain man
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I ought to wash mine more often but am pretty tired when we get home. Nothing wrong with a good looking mower though.

brodo374
04-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Could you add one or two more yards in lue of washing these mowers? If so, than you may be losing some cheese.

minix
04-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Haha, We do fairly well for our area to say. Im not "huge" by some of your standards and contracts, but we over 170 residentials, 25 commercial stores and 17 apartment complex's as of today. I have 9 full time employees for now on mowing/landscaping crew. I am very thankful for the work I have. I love good looking equipment, even on all of my construction trailers and the trucks. Considering this is my first year( I am a General Contractor) but expanded to lawncare and landscape as well. My family owns 4 golf courses so I grew up cutting grass, horticulture, and got license for application (which really helps) I believe it was luck of the draw with connections made on other business to carry onto this one. Just wasnt sure if anyone else did this.

TooT TooT wash away. Sounds like your doing pretty good then.

CustomCreations
04-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Minix, I wasnt trying to toot my horn if that is what you were trying to imply. I was simply asking a questions and answering to the fact of not having enough work. Believe me I am the new guy that got my head chewed off a few weeks ago for asking a question regarding equipment. I really enjoy this thread and stated that as a fact I know some people on here say they maintain ALOT more than my company does. Once again sorry if you took it the wrong way... I have seen on here where your look of equipment doesnt matter if its dirty it means its working.. Just asking a poll to you that have been in it longer than I have.

minix
04-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Minix, I wasnt trying to toot my horn if that is what you were trying to imply. I was simply asking a questions and answering to the fact of not having enough work. Believe me I am the new guy that got my head chewed off a few weeks ago for asking a question regarding equipment. I really enjoy this thread and stated that as a fact I know some people on here say they maintain ALOT more than my company does. Once again sorry if you took it the wrong way... I have seen on here where your look of equipment doesnt matter if its dirty it means its working.. Just asking a poll to you that have been in it longer than I have.

Just messing with ya :drinkup:

mowerbrad
04-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Just curious if anyone is as bad as I am about clean equipment. I make all the guys wash all the Hummers, Mowers, and ends of trimmers daily. I dont require a complete scrub down soap and water but just a good spray down and always do the bottom of decks daily on all 7 of the Exmarks.. Didnt know if I'm possibly the only one this anal. Good thing is I have the best looking rigs in town! And I do realize they are just going to get dirty the next day but they sure look pretty coming out in the mornings, and have actually had customers compliment on how nice the equipment looks.

Hummers, as in the SUV? Check.....just saw your signiture. So how do the hummers do pulling the trailers and equipment?

I don't wash my equipment daily, just blow them off. I wax the mowers and put armor-all on them a couple times throughout the season, so when I blow them off most everything will come off and they will look just like new.

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, They pull extremely well. I purchased them to pull my heavy equip initially but switched those over to f350s which do extremely well also. I will have to look into waxing the equip and see how that goes. As far as the comment on washing daily we have a full time mechanic since we use alot of Deere products and he checks them all out weekly. Most of the guys enjoy the trucks and have found a couple dropping the trailer and going out playing in them. I think I need to get them little izuzu pickups and only let certain guys drive the H2's

ajslands
04-25-2010, 12:17 AM
I take the blower and blow it off at the end of each job, then when it's warm and I fond time ill spray it down with the hose, and i've only scrubbed it once. Trimmer on the other hand, gets cleaned once a month at best! Truck, I like to wash that 3-4 times per month, but since I fractured my pelvis over the winter, it hasent been washed since last snowplowing :crying:
Posted via Mobile Device

Cloud9Landscapes
04-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I do as well, I find that having grass, mud and what ever else is on the lawn caked to the bottom of your mowers and edgers is nasty and low-baller status. I wash off with the hose on full blast at the end of everyday and about once every two months will get a putty knife and get rid of anything left over. I also spray with WD-40. I clean my hedge trimmers with a small amount of carburetor cleaner and then spray it with silicone spray and run it for a minute. I always make sure to dry my equipment really good and then run it to evaporate any water out of the muffler and creases.

93Chevy
04-25-2010, 08:20 AM
If you spray everything down with fluid film, all the grass and grime comes off quite easily.

Hoy landscaping
04-25-2010, 08:30 AM
i blow the grass off daily, maybe wash it weekly or every other week, but at least monthly. wax it a few times a year. then at the end of the season i take it to the firehouse and clean it up. i make it look brand new.

MikeKle
04-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Mine get a bath when those surprise rain storms pop up, but thats the only time they get washed. However I do blow them off with the BP blower about every other yard, just to get all the grass off the pullies and belts, and blow off the engine too. Dirt on an engine is the biggest reason most fail, due to the dirt holding the heat in.

TLS
04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
As mowerknower said......Just be careful.

NOT the best idea for mowers to be washed daily.

Mowers that sit outside on open trailers have more problems than garage kept machines.

Idlers and spindles are your culprits here. Dont forget wire harness corrosion.

You said that your new to this, so let us know if you end up with issues in these areas.

A good blowing off at end of day is fine unless you get them muddy.

TimsLawnCareVA
04-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Wish I had time to wash mowers! After working 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week washing my mowers is the last thing on my mind. I try to clean them once a month when I can.

mowerman11
04-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Can you post pictures of the hummers?

Frue
04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
this is the most wasted thing and time killer one can do. Clean today dirty after the first lawn.:hammerhead:

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Here are 2 of the H2's and the H3 for pleasure driving.. You can tell the one with the wet look was just taken literally minutes ago when I read this. I will get more soon as I want to set them as my signature.. Pictures 2 and 4 are the same one before vinyl and the other after. The SUT was taken right after I purchased it and you could tell the weather wasnt great but pulled the trailer with no problem Also two of my trailers.. And my ole Silverado in the garage drive across the street, Only have about 400 miles on it.. Isnt driven except special occasions or by the wife..

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/Hummer3.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/hummer1.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/H31.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/h34.jpg

hackitdown
04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
My main mower has 1200 hours on it. I washed it once. I plan to wash it one more time...the day I take pictures for the Craigslist ad when it is sold.

I won't part with money to pay an employee to wash a mower.

MrRob
04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
My main mower has 1200 hours on it. I washed it once. I plan to wash it one more time...the day I take pictures for the Craigslist ad when it is sold.

I won't part with money to pay an employee to wash a mower.

exactly!

they get blown off weekly when we grease & change blades.

mowerman11
04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Love the Hummers! They look very professional. I guess they don't cost any more than a brand new diesel truck would. They have to kill you on gas mileage though right? I know there is a company that can put duramax diesel engines in them and they are supposed to get about 20 mpg... thats what they say any ways. Also, do they even make hummers any more? A while back I heard that a chinese company was going to buy the brand, but that fell apart?

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks, Actually depending what I am pulling they are decent. I had chips put in them and get about 16-19 MPG highway (was only getting 8). No they arent much more than our 350's I paid about 60K per H2 except for the one with the decals it is my personal one and it is a southern comfort edition if you've ever seen one of those and they run around 85k. Our 350's loaded were right at 45-50K, so not a huge difference. They are not currently making them as of right now anyway. I have always enjoyed them I had my first one when I was 16 the (H1 version) and drove them every since. Great for plowing as well.

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 05:44 PM
In reference to hackitdown.. My employees check out what equipment they use for the day every morning. They are responsible for any problems that happen to them of course outside of normal issues. I started doing this once I realized they were taking the Ztrs and scratching them all up, trying to go over curbs, running the decks right next to brick and concrete and getting the deck scratched and dings in them, also had a crew leave two br600 and 2 stihl 90's on a commercial site . I have found this method to work well, the guys enjoy it because some have their fav mower depending on their schedule for the day. It is a way that makes them take responsibility. Also, before anyone comes back with man that is alot to do for a job, I do not have a single employee that makes less than 18 per hour and I provide them with full benefits as well as vacation days. After they clock out every day they clean up the equipment they are responsible for.. it may take them a whole 10 minutes but its the point that matters..

freshprince94
04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Sounds like you have a good system. The Hummers look cool too, way to stand out and make a name for yourself. That in it self is great advertising.

As for washing, I haven't washed my mower once. It gets caught in the rain every now and then and that is good enough. The weedeater and edger are also caked with grass and very dirty but I don't have time to clean them, plus they will just get dirty again. I don't really care much about how clean they are. My truck however, I am anal about keeping clean.

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Yea, I just like the setup being clean, also some of you guys may think im crazy but if I havent treated a yard for dandelions and crabgrass I make the guys or myself spray the decks down before the next yard as a courtesy to customers.. Anyone else do this?

mowerbrad
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I love your hummers....I've wanted a hummer since I was like 12. I'm in the market for a new to me truck now, so I can afford a 2003 H2 with like 110k on it....but I just can't afford to get the 10 mpg's that they get. I do alot of highway miles throughout the week, so mileage is pretty important to me. How much did it cost you to have the h2's chipped?

Yater
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Just get a tahoe. They sit on the same frame....only the H2 (not a hummer) has less interior space and the ergos suck. It's a 1/2 ton chevy. The fact that you can get a new one-ton ford for $15k less should be a no-brainer. There's a reason that GM doesn't make the "hummer" anymore.

mowerman11
04-25-2010, 07:03 PM
tell me more about the chips. Can you get them for Trucks too? Seems like if they could get you 8 more miles per gallon they would be worth it. Are there any downsides to the chips? and how much do they cost?

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 07:07 PM
It was right at 800 per H2. It makes a big difference. We have actually put them to the test between the pulling power of the H2 versus the 350's while out on sites and the 2's can outpull any of my trucks. Yater has a good point if your just looking for size the tahoe is a nice suv. The H2 has the advantages for tax writeoffs for business purposes due to the weight of the truck.

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-25-2010, 08:05 PM
i wash and clean out my truck about once a week or every two and usually blow off mowers and equipment after each day or so but only wash twice a year

STIHL GUY
04-25-2010, 08:10 PM
having an open trailer, my stuff gets washed everytime i drive somewhere or anytime it starts raining during the work day

FuturePilot4u
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM
It was right at 800 per H2. It makes a big difference. We have actually put them to the test between the pulling power of the H2 versus the 350's while out on sites and the 2's can outpull any of my trucks. Yater has a good point if your just looking for size the tahoe is a nice suv. The H2 has the advantages for tax writeoffs for business purposes due to the weight of the truck.
i blow them off after every job which make them look new, then once a week since i only have 1, i hand wash the big one with out spraying it down, but with all of your guys you could hand wash them super fast witth 2-3 guys on 1 mower.

freshprince94
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I do blow off the mower after each yard. It doesn't take long and gets most of the crap off of it.

mowerman11
04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
True about the tahoes, but the h2 hummers are awesome looking. I once saw a h2 painted orange with the scag name and tiger stripes all over it. It must have been a dealers and it is great advertising. Can you put chips on a half ton truck? And how much would they help with mpg if you could? Hope you have a very successful mowing season custon creations

CustomCreations
04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I am sure you can get a chip for it, check online and see if they have one for your truck. It should help you get about 6-8 mpg better well mine anyway. Thanks I am hoping so as well. Very minimal overhead so should be competitive but refuse to lowball. Goodluck to you as well..

TLS
04-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Just get a tahoe. They sit on the same frame....only the H2 (not a hummer) has less interior space and the ergos suck. It's a 1/2 ton chevy.

Frame may be the same as a Tahoe, but you cant get a 3/4 ton Tahoe (8 lug axles).

On a side note. In general, OVERLY flashy trucks (Blinged out) get attention....mainly negative attention from potential customers. "He must be expensive if he can have that fancy schmancy truck!"

whosedog
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Frame may be the same as a Tahoe, but you cant get a 3/4 ton Tahoe (8 lug axles).

On a side note. In general, OVERLY flashy trucks (Blinged out) get attention....mainly negative attention from potential customers. "He must be expensive if he can have that fancy schmancy truck!"

I guess it depends on the area that he's operating in,probably higher income neighborhoods where everyone is trying to keep up with the Jones through one up- man-ship.It appears to be working for him, but paying his guys $18 plus per hour plus benefits, driving Hummers with Custom Paint I don't see much profit in that.He did say this was an addition to a construction Co. so maybe what he has here is an expensive hobby,I mean who washes there mowers every day;but hey ,whatever floats your boat.I guess Brickman hasn't expanded to his area yet.

CustomCreations
04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I guess it depends on the area that he's operating in,probably higher income neighborhoods where everyone is trying to keep up with the Jones through one up- man-ship.It appears to be working for him, but paying his guys $18 plus per hour plus benefits, driving Hummers with Custom Paint I don't see much profit in that.He did say this was an addition to a construction Co. so maybe what he has here is an expensive hobby,I mean who washes there mowers every day;but hey ,whatever floats your boat.I guess Brickman hasn't expanded to his area yet.

Actually I get alot of comments from my clients and potential clients regarding nice vehicles. Brickman is in my area but most of my clients wouldnt let them near their homes or commercial properties. As I stated in my first post on here most of the homes we service are upwards of 1 million and majority of them my company built, but by all means I do service median 100k homes (with the same care as a 1 million dollar home) as well so it is very diversified. I do not have high overhead as my company owns all vehicles, mowers, trailers etc outright, no payments except gas, oilchanges, regular maintanence on vehicles. Ive learned over the years to ONLY BUY WITH CASH and finance absolutely nothing unless of course someone has no means to do that(which is fine I just chose not to)... The guys pay for themselves with the workload. I am very reasonable in fact. Honestly not one single person has complained on my prices and they have had cheaper quotes and still go with me. I would say my price runs hand in hand with other legit companies with same amount of employees. Last year I paid over 120K for landscaping and lawncare for projects my company built, remodeled, etc and realized I could save substantial money as well as make money. I know I never see brinkman but we have about 500 other companies and I use that term lightly. Some of which I give work to when i'm not interested.I know for a fact Brinkman only services two apartment communities here and they are Hud low income properties that pay 185 per mow (16 acres), which I wouldnt get the mowers off the trailer for that amount.

g21
04-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Well first, let me give my standard response to guys when they ask, "how do I get new business?" My answer is always the same and is never going to change. - "First, you need to become the kind of company people want to be associated with. Second, you must become the kind of company people want to work for." And I finish with, "when the employees from other landscape companies are waiting at your facility to put in an application - the last thing on your mind will be getting new business because you will have more than you can handle."

As I traveled the country working with operators of all sizes and backgrounds - I have collected an extensive list of what I call "common denominators." Things the best, most successful contractors all do in common. And no, Brickman and Valley Crest do not make the list. They might be the largest, even the most profitable, but they can by no stretch of the imagination be called the best. And guess what one of the common denominators is? Washing their vehicles and all of their equipment down on a "daily" basis. One of my former franchise owners was one of the fastest growing (organically, not by buying other companies) operations I had ever seen. Each crew not only washed the inside and outside of their truck and trailer at the end of the day (no matter what time they got in), but they gunked down all of the mower-decks, trimmer shafts and heads, etc. They were allotted 15 minutes to get everything done each day, and they did it - and did it well. They had equipment that was 5 years old and I swear it looked brand new. And I was witness to how well their efforts were received by their clients.

Oh, and a couple of notes, they never passed out even a business card unless they were asked and every morning at 6:30 that I was there, were employees of other companies stopping buy to put in applications on their way to work. They had a file 3" thick of applications.

CC, you seem like that kind of contractor - keep up the good work - people do notice!

HARRIS Property Management
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Daily washing?? No chance. Weekly..yes. The only thing I wash daily is the permagreen because of the fertilizer.

CustomCreations
04-26-2010, 11:20 PM
G21, Thank you for your comments. I do know that people notice nice equipment, and some of my mowers were more than the price of a new car so its good to keep them clean, people wash their cars maybe not daily but they dont get the dirt, grass etc like we do. I take pride in my company, equipment and workmanship. Like I stated I am still compared to some the little guy on the totem pole, but I am happy where I am and dont need to be the biggest to have a smile on my face daily and love what I do. Went out today for one of the neighborhoods I take care of and was invited to come back after done working for a cookout. I gladly accepted the offer just to stop in and say hello and picked up 4 more yards signed the contracts on the spot. Cant say it enough.. This business is about selling yourself and your quality not your price....

mowerman11
04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
i see now that your dad isn't rich, just you! Thats awesome! sounds like you are very successful. How old are you now?

whosedog
04-27-2010, 02:35 PM
If we lived near you both of my twins would want to work for you.Around here $18 per hour is top pay for crew leaders or applicators,average pay for running equipment is $9-$12 per hour to start.Well I guess you don't have any trouble finding or keeping good help at those wages.So if your guys go over 40 hours you pay them $27 per hour?I'll bet a lot of guys on lawnsite don't clear $18 per hour after factoring in all expenses including equipment replacement costs,obviously it's working for you;congrats.

bradsd
04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
My dealer told me to wash only a couple times a summer and that it can cause lots of trouble. So I keep a bottle of fantastic and towel around and clean it about once ever three days. I also make sure to keep the engine as clean as I can to prevent heat build up. I have been cleaning the deck about once a week with a scrapper, amazing how grass builds up down there so fast. Im just a part timer with a regular full time job, only about 6 big yards as of now. Back in the 80's as a youngster I had about 30 yards but thought mowing was for teenagers and walked away from a growing business LOL Phone wouldn't stop ringing,,, what a mistake!

Cboy7
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
pretty dumb to wash daily. waste of time and hard on equipment

yardatwork
04-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Hmmm...not enough work or just wanted to brag about the Hummers and seven Exmarks!

93Chevy
04-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Custom Creations,

I admire your dedication to wash your equipment daily. It means you really care about your equipment and want to present a good image to your customers. If that's the kind of business you want, then it looks like you're very successful. Everybody who is negative does not have the same business ideas or business plan as you do and are critical because they fail to see that it's impossible to compare apples to oranges. If you wish to be a company with a high image of professionalism and cleanliness, then continue down your path. If your in this for money and don't see the point in taking extra care of $7000+ equipment, then that's fine also. Threads like this really separate those with different business plans because almost everybody thinks that their business plan is the best. While I don't wish to be in the exact position you are in, I do wish that someday I can achieve your level of professionalism and regard for customer image.

ed2hess
04-27-2010, 08:58 PM
pretty dumb to wash daily. waste of time and hard on equipment

And what about pulling trailers with Hummers:hammerhead:

Cboy7
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Hmmm...not enough work or just wanted to brag about the Hummers and seven Exmarks!
yep. both
Custom Creations,

If your in this for money and don't see the point in taking extra care of $7000+ equipment, then that's fine also.

no, good mowers cost 12k not 7k and they all hate moisture. blowers work best to clean equipment.

also you are not prolonging the life by washing it. changing the oil, greasing, checking belt tension. leveling the deck for a better looking cut.

Those all prolong the life of the machine and provide the best look that stays on the job AFTER you have driven your hummer and clean machines home for the day

-ps- I do like clean equipment and like to clean and polish every 1-2 months, but I do know that maintenance is more important,and that I am causing rust and moisture wear.

CustomCreations
04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Seems as if everytime I log on I see that someone has this negativity. To each their own I guess. Bu the way yard at work I have PLENTY of work and someone ASKED to see the hummers.. Re-read from the first post. Also I do not see where it is stupid to pull trailers with a hummer?? Anyone have a good CPA that lets you know Gross weight write-offs on a Hummer vs say F250-350. It is a substantial difference and yes they do look good. I have explained on many occasions that this thread was not started about money, hummers, or anything other than asking about washing equipment. Also as stated earlier I have a FULL time mechanic that keeps up every single machine, every two days all blades are sharpened, rechecked to make sure all front is at least 1/4 in lower for precision cut, greased, etc..And for everyone saying how HORRIBLE this is I have talked to LOTS of very large companies that this is mandatory daily as well so it must not be uncommon, its not like we are drenching them down we are lighly spraying or wet towel and clean them but do spray under the decks.... Let me go ahead and erase everything about a vehicle or how many mowers I have and equipment posted like 99% of people on here do under signature. Is this a jealousy issue or just the fact I'm a new guy that happens to be successful? Once again I will erase my signature if everyone will feel better if I put a 1979 pickup and couple push mowers.. I was just asking a question about clean equipment.

93Chevy
04-27-2010, 10:39 PM
no, good mowers cost 12k not 7k and they all hate moisture. blowers work best to clean equipment.

also you are not prolonging the life by washing it. changing the oil, greasing, checking belt tension. leveling the deck for a better looking cut.

Those all prolong the life of the machine and provide the best look that stays on the job AFTER you have driven your hummer and clean machines home for the day

-ps- I do like clean equipment and like to clean and polish every 1-2 months, but I do know that maintenance is more important,and that I am causing rust and moisture wear.

You're prolonging life in a different way...

If you're particular enough to wash equipment every day, that means you know your machines inside and out and perform meticulous maintenance. You're more likely to notice wear and stressed points if you go over the mower every day.

I learned that a few years ago. I got in some trouble at home, and instead of my parents getting mad and yelling at me, they decided the beast way to teach me would be to make me wash my truck every week, no matter what, for an entire year. Not only did that change my attitude and general behavior, which is irrelevant to this thread, but I was able to see problem points with my truck before I originally would have. Plus, with the truck looking good, I wanted it to run better, so I spent buku time under the hood and underneath maintaining and learning the vehicle.

On a more related note, my mower is a part of who I am, as is my newer truck. All my friends jag me about spending so much time working on my truck and mower. While I don't have the nicest equipment, my customers appreciate that I care enough about my stuff that I can take meticulous care of their lawns.

And, no, I'm not trying to be critical of your view. Like I said in my previous post, we're comparing apples to oranges. We both have different views of business, and while we don't necessarily agree to what's best, we both do what we believe to be best for our respective situations.

TheC-Master
04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Liking the hummer, not sure if I'd do it though. But it seems you have found a way around the gas issue.

On topic though, I'd blow unless it was really dirty. Then I might foam wipe, but I probably wouldn't wash daily.

CustomCreations
04-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Here in Indiana you have two choices as far as write-offs. Write off mileage or write off gas. We since majority of work is done within 50 miles and we schedule our routes daily gas was the better way to go. Also they are work horses. I am sure there are guys on here that have 350's or 3500's or 450's that cost as much as the Hummers and I dont see them catching grief about it. We give them a nice washdown daily just a wet washcloth and a bucket and then we take 3 plug in blowers in the shop and use them to blow dry then grab the ole "ShamWOW! and clean the rest up. I have to admit those things are incredible even for washing cars, cleaning up spills etc.. I guess i'm just over-proud of my equipment. Today they we filthy though I took some pics for fun of the fleet we mowed 18 acres of field that was about 2 foot high. Took the ole john deere tractor and attachments to it first and then we proceeded to mow but it was an absolute mess!

mowerman11
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see some more pictures of the hummers. Gotta love them!

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
PM me and i'll send some.

Southern Pride
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
No matter how busy you are. That is an excellent habit. I keep my walk behind real clean. I don't wash it every day but once a week. Image is huge. I want my mower looking as good as it runs. People notice me vs. Joe Blow running around in a rusted truck/trailer half assing his work. Remember, if you don't give a $h!t about your stuff, then how much do you care about quality overall? Keep up the good habits my friend.

TheC-Master
04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
I like my stuff cleaned as well, it's just that too much water depreciates the equipment. I'm all about being clean.

Southern Pride
04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
I have a problem with this as well. It seems the site is 50/50 on wash or not. I wish there was a more clear answer. I just keep water away from the engine and the electrical. Make sure its dry and spray fluid film to keep it looking new. Don't see any harm there.

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Once a week:

http://fiveoboy01.smugmug.com/photos/847690540_BKNST-L.jpg

http://fiveoboy01.smugmug.com/photos/847694815_n78K6-L.jpg

Mickhippy
04-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Im not a big fan of washing any machinery due to water getting in where it shouldnt etc but...
We had a heap of rain so machine was very dirty with mud, grass stains etc. I washed my SZ a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, it came up pretty good! Looked almost new(ish) and I was proud of it again. Was its second proper wash in over 12mths!
A few days later, after more rain it was like I never washed it! Basically, was a waste of time and added risk of water in bearings etc.

I guess my point is, Im only going to wash my SZ when it really needs it and Im not going to go crazy about it.
These machines are meant for work, not for putting up on a wall or pedestal. I understand that they look nice all clean but I think the negatives out weigh the positives. The less water, the better!

I do blow machine down with compressed air almost daily to keep the dust etc out of screens and off deck etc. This is a maintenance issue, not for looks.

A tip for those into the clean thing... I found Fluid Film was absolutely fantastic at getting grass stains off the deck/paint work etc. Blew me away how good it was actually! Once dry, dust was easy to blow off etc. Muds another story!

hackitdown
04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Spend 10 minutes per day washing a lawn mower. That is 200 minutes per month, and 2000 for a 10 month season. At my helper's pay rate, that would cost me over $600 per year. For a 4 year life span on a mower, it would cost me $2400 to keep it clean.

Now, 4 years later:
For sale: A very clean ZTR with 2000 hrs on the meter...$2500
For sale: A previously filthy mower with 2000 hrs on the meter $...$2400

Pick the right business decision.

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 11:46 AM
There is no "right" decision, it's personal preference. I'll keep my stuff clean, you keep yours dirty, fair enough.

Water in bearings isn't a concern as long as you're not putting the pressure washer directly on the spindle bearings.

minix
04-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Here is some of my junk

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/76imp/2009%20pics/paradepics027.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/76imp/2009%20pics/barkermommaswoods027.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/76imp/2009%20pics/sprintcars004.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/76imp/2009%20pics/trucks.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/76imp/2009%20pics/10x.jpg

Yater
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Im not a big fan of washing any machinery due to water getting in where it shouldnt etc but...

It's tough to get water where it shouldn't be. I ride dirtbikes, and they are submerged regularly. They are cleaned (with a hose...not pressure washer) after every ride. Don't spray water in the air intake and you'll be ok. A truck engine is totally exposed to the elements (from underneath).

Mickhippy
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
It's tough to get water where it shouldn't be. I ride dirtbikes, and they are submerged regularly. They are cleaned (with a hose...not pressure washer) after every ride. Don't spray water in the air intake and you'll be ok. A truck engine is totally exposed to the elements (from underneath).

I hear ya, I really do. The amount of rain it gets hit with at times is amazing and no real problems. I guess my real issue is the fact that it gets so dirty so quickly after the clean. Just a waste of time.
To be honest, I power washed and wiped down with fluid film last time, being very careful around spindles etc and didnt have a problem. But the thing was covered in mud so really needed it. It needs it again now but I'll probably wait till winter to do it again.
I do like it clean but around here, clean means its not working!
Like someone else said, I dont think there is a right or wrong answer. Just personal preference!

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Unless he owns Lawn Troops he ant got the best looking rigs in town lol they are by far the best looking trucks and trailers in Indy .

Cboy7
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
how about getting facials and tooth whitening while we at it?

ahhhh

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Why does the page number keep shrinking?
Posted via Mobile Device

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
i seen that to

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes, They pull extremely well. I purchased them to pull my heavy equip initially but switched those over to f350s which do extremely well also. I will have to look into waxing the equip and see how that goes. As far as the comment on washing daily we have a full time mechanic since we use alot of Deere products and he checks them all out weekly. Most of the guys enjoy the trucks and have found a couple dropping the trailer and going out playing in them. I think I need to get them little izuzu pickups and only let certain guys drive the H2's

so you have 5 mowers and a fulltime mechanic? what does he do all day when the mowers are working?

After they clock out every day they clean up the equipment they are responsible for.. it may take them a whole 10 minutes but its the point that matters..

hellooooooo labor laws.. i wouldn't post your company name everywhere then tell people you make your employees work without getting paid... if i was one of your guys and you told me to work off the clock on your machines you'd have something coming....

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
good point antnofun and i live in Indy and i have never seen one of those trucks anywhere.

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I pull all my mowers with Bogatys lol take that

Yater
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Why does the page number keep shrinking?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's deleting posts.

Cboy7
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I googled custom creations in Indiana .. and this guy is blowing smoke up butts

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
He's deleting posts.

i would be to after admitting to short changing employees..

93Chevy
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I wasn't aware that you can delete posts. That's the job of a moderator. This isn't Facebook.

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I knew posts were bein deleted. It was rhetorical:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yater
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I googled custom creations in Indiana .. and this guy is blowing smoke up butts

Tax records show the same.

yardguy28
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
for the thread my mowers are lucky if the see water other than from rain once a year. i never wash my mowers. to clean the decks i scrap them with a putty knife.

i change the oil, do greasings, wipe the excess grease off with a rag, blow off the air filter and any other regular maintenance. but i never wash them. the more water they see the more problems bearings and spindles have. i might not have the prettiest machiens but they sure do run well.

now for the hummer. i would never use anything other than a truck in this business. you gotta haul something some time. like maybe mulch, dirt, rock, grass, leaves, etc. i always laugh when i see someone pulling a trailer full of equipment in an SUV or a van.

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey guys been out working.. I havent been deleting any posts for one..

@ Minix- You have some VERY NICE stuff.. I'll bet you take good care of it right??

@ Aintnofun----Mechanic that is correct, he is always at shop working on something.. keep in mind I OWN A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AS WELL Which entails several bobcats, skids, trucks, etc...
Also all of the guys will tell you they love their job and dont mind one bit staying to clean equipment. If they ever did they know where the door is.. But then again I'm sure they are very satified with their payscale and benefits they get so therefore dont complain... That why people like you dont work for me!!!
Please send me the labor laws you refer to there smart one and we can go over them. To be quite correct in Indiana your not even OBLIGATED TO GIVE A LUNCH!!! Call and see for yourself! Indiana department of workforce development.. Google that!

@Luxury--- I never stated I only worked in Indy only or never once did I say I had the best looking rigs.. But since your around there go to Castleton Mall, Villages at West Clay, Clay Terrace plaza off of 146th, Crayton Village at 146th and Hazeldell as well as the plaza across the street. I dont want alot of residentials down there.. Also go over to Geist at olio, sunnyside rd, and the bay.. you'll see my signs and possibly catch my crews working. Stop by and say hello.. Also I never stated ANYTHING about having good looking equipment I was simply telling the guys thanks for the compliments! Also most of the places where you see my signs those are homes my company has built. When you want to buy one contact me... Also its correctly spelled -Bugatti..

@ Cboy- I open an invitation tome visit if you'd like.. You guys act like I'm on here saying I am some HUGE operation.. I stated WELL BACK in the post I DID NOT WANT TO BE HUGE.. I can google Cboy and it brings a bunch of girls???? Is that you? You fellas really should tend to your business more and stop worrying so much about mine..

And last but not least.... WHY IN THE HELL IS EVERYONE SO INTRIGUED WITH ME AND MY COMPANY???? I'll sell it to ya if the price is right!!!

Thanks to all who are mature and actually provide feedback for the question that started the thread..

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
@ Aintnofun----That why people like you dont work for me!!!
Please send me the labor laws you refer to there smart one and we can go over them. To be quite correct in Indiana your not even OBLIGATED TO GIVE A LUNCH!!! Call and see for yourself! Indiana department of workforce development.. Google that!.

im not talking about a lunch... nothing to google you can answer it for me.. so in indiana you can make people work with out paying them?
im amazed i might move my business out to your state because i dont have to pay people for there time, talk about pure profit......

Yater
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
What do you do for "your" construction company? I'm an accountant for a construction company.

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 10:44 PM
@ Yater-- Show me my tax records! Actually I am so sure of what I make I personally ask and INVITE YOU and GIVE YOU PERMISSION to POST THEM FOR ALL TO SEE!!! PLEASE POST THEM!!!!!! I will personally guarantee you that I could buy and sell you 10 times over and not have to touch my locked assets! Some of you guys are seriously a JOKE!!!! Everyone else I'm sorry your having to read this.. I wish someone would just kick some of the ignorant ones off here... How did we go from "Who washes their mowers daily" to Lets bash the guy because he has Hummers for company vehicles and Exmarks! SERIOUSLY.. Must be alot of kids

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Judging by the attitude, my guess is he is not the sole owner, if he owns any of it at all...

Nobody said anything about lunch break. Its not legal to force an employee to work without pay period.
Posted via Mobile Device

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I dont MAKE anyone do anything.. As stated each and every single morning they choose what equipment they want to use for that day according to their route.. Once they come in after the day is done they wash it down.. PERIOD.. Does any person that goes into work 15-20 before they are scheduled to be there get paid?? NOPE and if your boss catches ya bet your gone quick! Common sense fella's..

ALSO I CANNOT DELETE POSTS!!!

Please lets keep it on subject or someone delete this whole damn kiddish thread..

whosedog
04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
You guys are hilarious,you really think that this is a hoax? How do you explain the custom paint job on the Hummer?Photoshop?He's not the only landscaper that uses Hummers,my sister was on vacation in Ca. and saw a few of them running big crews with Hummers in the fleet.The only thing I think the OP is doing wrong is overpaying his landscape labor $18+ per hour as his base wage,that may be because he owns a construction Co and that's an average wage for that type of work.If his landscaping was a bis. by itself he would have very little profit when all costs were factored in paying everyone that kind of money.And he probably has a full time mechanic who maintains his construction equipment/landscape equipment.I don't see any posts deleted,I've read through the entire thread twice,however I can forsee this thread being shut down by a mod when the OP gets fed up with the bs.

Cboy7
04-28-2010, 10:51 PM
@ Yater-- I will personally guarantee you that I could buy and sell you 10 times over and not have to touch my locked assets!
only complete D bags say stuff like that.

ahahaah

minik has a bigger and nicer operation than you, if you wana play that game.
You are a joke.

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
FIVEOBOY- I bet your daddy bought that truck didnt he??? C'mon guys seriously.. If I seriously just said I had the F350's I will guarantee you guys would not be causing all of this commotion.. I see lots of GOOD LOOKING trucks on here like Minix and i'm not on here bashing I actually compliment.. Seems the ones who bash are the ones that cant afford the items we have..

Also go check it out with In.gov/sos and look who owns my company! I'll bet ya a grand it comes back me and me only...

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
@ Yater-- Show me my tax records! Actually I am so sure of what I make I personally ask and INVITE YOU and GIVE YOU PERMISSION to POST THEM FOR ALL TO SEE!!! PLEASE POST THEM!!!!!! I will personally guarantee you that I could buy and sell you 10 times over and not have to touch my locked assets! Some of you guys are seriously a JOKE!!!! Everyone else I'm sorry your having to read this.. I wish someone would just kick some of the ignorant ones off here... How did we go from "Who washes their mowers daily" to Lets bash the guy because he has Hummers for company vehicles and Exmarks! SERIOUSLY.. Must be alot of kids

whooaaaaaa buy and sell ten times oh man.... im not bashing you, im asking a simple question.. its even yes or no.. so your saying in indiana you can make people work with out paying them? its simple....

I dont MAKE anyone do anything.. As stated each and every single morning they choose what equipment they want to use for that day according to their route.. Once they come in after the day is done they wash it down.. PERIOD.. Does any person that goes into work 15-20 before they are scheduled to be there get paid?? NOPE and if your boss catches ya bet your gone quick! Common sense fella's..

Please lets keep it on subject or someone delete this whole damn kiddish thread..

you said "After they clock out every day they clean up the equipment they are responsible for.." sounds like they are working for free? you said it man...

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Like I stated, At the end of every day they know the equipment they signed out must be cleaned up... Simple as that....It doesnt say you MUST DO IT OR YOUR FIRED.. Maybe its because I treat my guys with respect that I get it back... How's that?? To be honest I could call one right now and tell them my tire blew out and needed them to drive 20 miles to come get me and they wouldnt have one complaint.. Any takers close enough to me to take on this bet?? Its called respect.. They are very well taken care of and in return they respect me and my company.. SIMPLE

Cboy7
04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
why would a tool want to work for a d bag that talks about "buying and selling you 10 times over"

if you worked for me, I would fire you personally. wouldnt have the manager under me do it. I would walk over and tell you myself

Yater
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
@ Yater I will personally guarantee you that I could buy and sell you 10 times over and not have to touch my locked assets!

Need a bigger shovel, hotshot? A few more beers?

Yater
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM
why would a tool want to work for a d bag that talks about "buying and selling you 10 times over"

I'm still paying off student loans from grad school. I HOPE he can "buy and sell" me 10x over.....he has 10 f-ing hummers.

fiveoboy01
04-28-2010, 11:07 PM
LOL. What kind of professional talks like that? I smell something. Dads business I bet.
Posted via Mobile Device

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:08 PM
hey there slim when i buy another home it will be one my family company built the same company who builds the appartments in this state ohio kentucky dont go there with construction i got you beat all to crap there bub

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Like I stated, At the end of every day they know the equipment they signed out must be cleaned up... Simple as that....It doesnt say you MUST DO IT OR YOUR FIRED.. Maybe its because I treat my guys with respect that I get it back... How's that?? To be honest I could call one right now and tell them my tire blew out and needed them to drive 20 miles to come get me and they wouldnt have one complaint.. Any takers close enough to me to take on this bet?? Its called respect.. They are very well taken care of and in return they respect me and my company.. SIMPLE

so the equipment must be cleaned you say.. or what?
sorry for all the stupid questions but i am trying to learn from a successful biz owner such as yourself.. esp. one that can buy and sell me ten times over...

Southern Pride
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Spend 10 minutes per day washing a lawn mower. That is 200 minutes per month, and 2000 for a 10 month season. At my helper's pay rate, that would cost me over $600 per year. For a 4 year life span on a mower, it would cost me $2400 to keep it clean.

Now, 4 years later:
For sale: A very clean ZTR with 2000 hrs on the meter...$2500
For sale: A previously filthy mower with 2000 hrs on the meter $...$2400

Pick the right business decision.

LOL. Lazzzzyyy. Justifying not doing something is so easy. Not only do I like the image, I like the actual process of equipment maintenance. (blades, grease, oil, filters, soap and water.)

My old boss used to actually pay me to come over on a Saturday and do all the maintenace on a gravely ZTR, gravely walk behind and a push mower while he chain smoked and drank vodka. What a POS.

LuxuryLawnCare
thats why i steped in this business my family company builds the complexs sir

Yater
they respect me and my company.. SIMPLE

Yeah....I'll bet...

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Aintnofun, Lets play the word game.... Did you ever stop beating your wife? YES OR NO? No explanation just a SIMPLE YES OR NO..........

Sister is an attorney and this is one of the best examples to stipulate wording games...

just over the bashing on here.. Half of and I repeat half probably dont have more than 25 accounts. I stated all the way back in very first thread I am new into this side of business, not business in general.. I am in no way, shape, or form scared to admit as in earlier posts..

1. Almost thought of giving up
2. Took a gamble on this side of business
3. Asked for advice from PROFESSIONALS on equipment
4. Admit if I am ever wrong...
5. Looked into this business for over one year before taking the leap...

I wish certain people would hop off the high-horse and realize we are all human beings and should be treated as that regardless to living in a trailer or mansion, drive a 79 truck or 2010. And have respect for anyone that has the balls to go into a business that everyone says that is failing and take a chance to make a good living and give others jobs and quality work.. As far as everyone else wanting to argue I am done. I have a son and wife that I do not get to see for over 12 hours every day and they are much more important that sitting here arguing over stupid equipment..

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
thats a loaded question.. mine wasn't.. you said they do it off the clock end of story, i called you out... i didn't bash you.. you said you could buy and sell me 10 times over.. your still bashing saying people have under 25 accounts.. i wasn't arguing about equipment, just not paying people...

Aintnofun, Lets play the word game.... Did you ever stop beating your wife? YES OR NO? No explanation just a SIMPLE YES OR NO..........

Sister is an attorney and this is one of the best examples to stipulate wording games...

just over the bashing on here.. Half of and I repeat half probably dont have more than 25 accounts. I stated all the way back in very first thread I am new into this side of business, not business in general.. I am in no way, shape, or form scared to admit as in earlier posts..

1. Almost thought of giving up
2. Took a gamble on this side of business
3. Asked for advice from PROFESSIONALS on equipment
4. Admit if I am ever wrong...
5. Looked into this business for over one year before taking the leap...

I wish certain people would hop off the high-horse and realize we are all human beings and should be treated as that regardless to living in a trailer or mansion, drive a 79 truck or 2010. And have respect for anyone that has the balls to go into a business that everyone says that is failing and take a chance to make a good living and give others jobs and quality work.. As far as everyone else wanting to argue I am done. I have a son and wife that I do not get to see for over 12 hours every day and they are much more important that sitting here arguing over stupid equipment..

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
you in the castleton area huh heard of core of river bend or lake castleton thats 2 in your area we built and will soon be my contracts lets see there is one right there on 82nd and allisonville to cant remember the name

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 11:23 PM
BTW other subjext Lux what is the name of the family construction company? I know majority of all the builders of apt complex's since we do Buckinghams construction.. Buckinghamproperties.com.. we built four of their complex's. I would honestly like to know who your family is that builds apts as well. We tend to all work together throughout the state.

By the way I'm not doubting that the build or that they do quality work, just curious who it is to see if we have worked together before.. I will GUARANTEE if they build apartments in Indiana they know Buckingham properties and will know who built them and will tell you my name personally as well as my company name.

Thanks

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:25 PM
so you know andrew from there

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
flys around on his jet all the time

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM
its a 4 letter word thats all im putting on here

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM
how bout stokely barrett

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:34 PM
i know you know that name lol

Southern Pride
04-28-2010, 11:35 PM

That doesn't make any sense. Sure they may show up early and not clock in but if you have them washing **** in the morning then they would quit showing up early. When they are done, they are tired and want to go home. Why would anyone stay 15-20 minutes and do extra washing for free?

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 11:36 PM
We are more over on Geist but have done some in Castleton... Olio is running all the way onto the reservoir. Five houses there last year.. We spec build.. Here is one finished last year in Oct.. Of off 146th Britton Woods.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/BrittonWoodsCustomCreations.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/dustyns314/BrittonWoods.jpg

AintNoFun
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Sure they may show up early and not clock in but if you have them washing **** in the morning then they would quit showing up early. When they are done, they are tired and want to go home. Why would anyone stay 15-20 minutes and do extra washing for free?

this is what i was getting at..... dont argue with him.. he'll buy and sell you 10 times over as well. lololol

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:39 PM
we just did all the roofs in lantern woods in fishers out by ya 6000 sq ahhh

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Yea we ran one in castleton last fall off of 82nd and Craig st.. 1080 sq and was ridiculous...

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:43 PM
yeah just roofing wise we did like 30000 sq

CustomCreations
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
For Buckingham we deal with Gregg Hendershot, he oversee's all the development on properties throughout Indiana and Kentucky to Berea.. Good guy... so does your fam stick build or spec? I know this part if way off topic and I apoligize.. Lux pm if you want

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
we did black bird farms in lafayette bout 2 weeks ago im bout to get the landscape the guys doing it are bad real bad

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:48 PM
company is 4 letters H*** i dont want to put the name on here our only competitor is artazone

Yater
04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
For Buckingham we deal with Gregg Hendershot, he oversee's all the development on properties throughout Indiana and Kentucky to Berea.. Good guy... so does your fam stick build or spec? I know this part if way off topic and I apoligize.. Lux pm if you want

Love the "fam" reference. Did you mean "Dad"?

Southern Pride
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah I only have 15 yards and am damn proud. Worked for a company for two weeks that was huge. (Had to quit because my business grew significantly and I had to better myself) My point is the boss was piss poor morally and was never there. Hes a pos. When I get big, bet I remember the lessons I've learned working for jacka$$es

LuxuryLawnCare
04-28-2010, 11:56 PM
you know mark fasel ?

CustomCreations
04-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I have dealt with Paul Accord and Dan Jacobs, Older guy and Wes Bucher. He runs the city development

LuxuryLawnCare
04-29-2010, 12:21 AM
you figure the name out?

LuxuryLawnCare
04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
we just did the train station in fishers the one right on there little town square

LuxuryLawnCare
04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
sits right there at the tracks right off 116th st and 69

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-29-2010, 12:33 AM
the pic of that house is sweet...how many sq feet is that? by the way creation like the set up and if it works for you great. i do only have 25 accounts but i dont want to get too much bigger bc of school and stuff and like you i pay everything in cash I HATE MONTHLY BILLS lol

Vacation
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that was Yater I had seen talking about working for TX DOT & I remember the pics of a green newer F150 with strobes and whatnot.

I'm going to college and am majoring in either Accounting or Entrepreneurship, unsure at this time. I know a lot of CPAs, most barely have time for a family, nonetheless a DOT job & owning a landscaping business.

Yater has also yet to pull up the tax info as well...

Posted via Mobile Device

Yater
04-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that was Yater I had seen talking about working for TX DOT & I remember the pics of a green newer F150 with strobes and whatnot.

I'm going to college and am majoring in either Accounting or Entrepreneurship, unsure at this time. I know a lot of CPAs, most barely have time for a family, nonetheless a DOT job & owning a landscaping business.

Yater has also yet to pull up the tax info as well...

Posted via Mobile Device

Ha...I mowed lawns while in school....and some part time now. Tx DOT, no...you got the wrong guy. Also, I work as an office manager, not a CPA. I do some side work during tax season though.

Also, the tax info is public. It wouldn't be prudent of me to post it, though. Look it up.

Yater
04-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Yater my son races mx. We race all over. What about you?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't race MX these days. I do the odd hare scramble and enduro...and TCCRA (XC race). I went to "last man standing" last year, but my junk isn't big enough to race it. It's quite a sight, though.

edit: er...not my junk, but the race.

Vacation
04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
I also race motocross, been racing since 2000, started riding in 1999
Posted via Mobile Device