PDA

View Full Version : What type of controls...Toro

C & T Landscaping
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Whats better to use on a Toro walk behind? The T-Bar or the pistol grips. The pistol grips look easier but they say the T-bar "increases productivity and is ergonomically designed to reduce activation force. Unique operator presence control disengages blades and returns unit to neutral without engine kill."

"" is off the Toro website.

brodo374
04-25-2010, 08:33 AM
I have used both and would not consider anthing but the T-Bar system. Even have friends who started out with pistol grips and have changed to T-Bar.

CaptPat
04-25-2010, 08:57 AM
I have the T-bar style and really like them.

freddyc
04-25-2010, 09:25 AM
I have used both and would not consider anthing but the T-Bar system. Even have friends who started out with pistol grips and have changed to T-Bar.

Same here. If I were you, I wouldn't even consider a pisol grip. I have both right now and the T bar is just so much better in everyway. Its more precise, so much easier on your hands, you can use one hand if you want, and because of the resolution in the tbar, I find it a LOT easier to reduce any tearing of the lawn on tighter turns.

Personally, I think the tbar is the best thing since sliced bread.

topsites
04-25-2010, 09:54 AM
No doubt, I don't understand WHY the Toro corporation would even CONSIDER making pistol grip mowers, wtF LOL
craziest thing when they've got the dang patent on T-bar, reason why they're the only company that makes those,
but this thing with the toro pistol grips has been going on a long time...

Oh well, get the T-bar.

lawnboy dan
04-25-2010, 10:01 AM
i agree-the t bar is the way to go

C & T Landscaping
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Okay thanks everybody for the replies. I will put these into consideration.

FastMan
04-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Another vote for the T-Bar. I used it for years and love it. One hand operating with ease. Leaves you free to use the other hand to shift, float the deck, pick your nose, whatever you want.

Swampy
04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Go with the T bar your wrists will thank you

unkownfl
04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
T bar is easier to use and with pistol grips you WILL mess your hands up on walls or fences guaranteed.