PDA

View Full Version : When it rains it pours?

HarleyDawg
04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Help me figure this out guys? So, it rains for 2 to 3 days straight and now you have to catch up and mow three times that amount on one day...How do you get your accounts back on a regular schedule instead of all on the day you mowed last week...thanks

C & T Landscaping
04-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Work later hours..on the weekend...Yea it's gunna suck.

jvanvliet
04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Unless it's a heavy rain, cut in the rain. Go a little slower so as not to tear up the turf and make sure you got a blower that puts out like a Shindaiwa BR802. We cut in the rain all the time down here unless there is lightning... then I get the illegals to cut:laugh: Juz kidding :nono:

cozymonkey
04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Ya rained wednesday night thru saturday at noon here. Will be doing alot of catch up here. The biggest thing I have found that helps is communicating with the customer. They understand that if it rains you will be behind but if you give them a call as well it shows you care. Thats what keeps them coming back year in year out.

Hell on Blades
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Mow it as soon as you can. I don't have customers on a set schedule. I tell them all 5-8 days based on conditions. That way, when I get pushed back to Saturday, I can still make it up and get the next in on Thurs.