PDA

View Full Version : Lesco/Kawi Issue

oOTurfmanoO
04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Mower starts and runs then begins to die out. I replaced the air and fuel filters and plugs.

The best way I can describe it woud be to say the throttle is going from fast to slow. The mower usually dies when mowing, is restarted and jockyed back to the trailer. Equally as important, the problem is only obvious about 60% of the time meaning there are entire lawns we get through with no issues. We had a mechanic look at it last year, he made some adjustments to the valves and cleaned the carb. Of coure it worked fine for him/in front of him/on his shop lawn. We took it to our frst lawn and wammo, problem!

Any clues?

uralpatrol793
04-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Does your Kawasaki engine have a fuel pump? If it has a fuel pump it will be located between the fuel line from the filter and the line going to the carb. There will be a hose going from a third barb on the pump to barb on the engine crankcase. This is for the vacuum pulse that causes the pump to pump fuel. This hose is hard to see since it is usually only a few inches long. Make sure this hose is not cracked or stretched where it connects to the engine and the pump. If it is, it may reduce the pump output. Make sure this hose is stiff walled so that is not collapsing under vacuum. This will reduce the pump output. Make sure the pump is mounted higher that the connection of the hose to the engine, this insures any crankcase vapors/condensate drains back to the crankcase. And last but not least, if the fuel pump is hard mounted to the engine it can cause vapor lock, mount it away from the engine. If it's mounted on a bracket near the engine it may still be having vapor lock problems. This is where I am in troubleshooting a similar problem on a new Kawasaki 15 hp engine.

The Lawn Ranger CT.
05-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Check the gas cap , there should be a vent so the tank can breath, see the idle smooths out when you crack open the cap and let the tank breath, if this works the breather hole in the cap is clogged, and needs to be blown out

oOTurfmanoO
05-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Turned out to be a carbissue.

Air to gas ratio was improper along with a missing gasket somewhere in the mix---> good to go early this week as the part was ordered late Thursday.

Thak for the input boys.....