PDA

View Full Version : Toro Striping Question

Chance4
04-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey, I'm new to the site and am hoping that someone can help me out. I have a small commerical lawn care service and am considering purchasing a new Toro zero turn rider, 52" deck, 27 HP Kohler engine. However, with the older models that I've seen used, they do not leave a good stripe. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the new Toro models leave a nice stripe, and if the striping roller made by Toro works well?

I also have the same concern with a Ferris zero turn rider.

ashgrove landscaping
04-25-2010, 11:58 AM
As long as the mower cuts good, the customer rarely cares about "stripes". Too much focus on a gimmick. All mowers leave a directional line pretty much the same. Save your money and just make money.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I have a 2007 Z master and makes nice stripes without any kit on it - it all depends on the style of blades that you use and the type of grass you are cutting. Like he said above, it will be noticeable, but if you are THAT worried about it, be sure to demo one first. Good Luck!!

Chance4
04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
What type of blades do you suggest, McFarland?

ashgrove landscaping
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I use ferris mowers and they have always left nice lines. Just make sure they re straight! I have a 3100 with the new deck and it definately cuts perfect and leaves a significant stripe. fyi.