PDA

View Full Version : Tree value?

mlc4163
07-02-2002, 01:23 PM
Can anyone give "estimated" value of a sugar maple in the 25' to 30' range. Need to make a point with a customer as to why I mulched an area instead of letting the mowing crew simply run over exposed roots and against trunk. Is there a place on the web or a book I can get that would give this type of info?

agrostis palustris
07-02-2002, 06:45 PM
Nobody here will be able to give you an estimated value for this tree. In order to get the value for this tree you will need to call 3 CONSULTING ARBORISTS. These guys are liscensed with the ISA to do consulting work. Not all arborists are consulting arborists. I believe normal consulting fees are about $60 an hour with at least a 1/2 hour minimum. You need to get 3 of these guys in, each will give an estimated value for the tree. You must take the middle value.

Bob Minney
07-02-2002, 07:32 PM
I'd try the guys at abor site. Bet they can give you a ball park on it. They've been very helpful to me.

www.ArboristSite.com

joshua
07-03-2002, 05:08 PM
my professor gave an apprasal on sugar maples about that size ( they we to be removed by the city to widen the road) he was saying ( i believe it was) each tree was worth around 8k. but you have to have aborist come out and look at it. if you were closer i would say i would apraise them but i need this year as experience then i'll take the test next year, alreay had the class and 2 years experince but 1 year i didn't do enough with trees.

agrostis palustris
07-03-2002, 05:56 PM
Joshua, that's pretty darn impressive that you are able to become a CONSULTING arborist with only 1 year of school and 2 years experience. I believe the requirements to become a consulting arborist is a minimum of a 4 year degree in urban forestry or something similar, as well as SEVERAL years of experience, plus quite a few CEU's. But then again, what do I know??

joshua
07-04-2002, 10:40 PM
already had the class you are referring to. but what do you know.