PDA

View Full Version : SRW and PL Premium Usage - Need Advice

traderfjp
04-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I'm doing a job where I want to use an adhesive to secure the bull nose pavers to a galvanized pool coping. I've used SRW adhesive for blocks and pavers with great results. However, I've never used SRW for block to metal. In the manufacturer’s description the adhesive is advertised for block and pavers but then it says "other landscape material."

PL Premium lists metal in its description of materials that it can handle along with block and pavers. However, I already have a case of SRW on hand and overall it seems to have better holding power. Should I just use PL or does anyone have experience with SRW for metal to block?

zedosix
04-25-2010, 06:48 PM
PL will work for bonding bullnose to the metal coping, but we use a thinset modified mortar, this gives superior holding power and will take up any minor inconsistencies in the coping.

traderfjp
04-29-2010, 02:25 AM
I called the people who make SRW adhesive and was told by a tech that it bonds great to metal. It'll save me lots of time then laying down metal lathe and mortar.

zedosix
04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I called the people who make SRW adhesive and was told by a tech that it bonds great to metal. It'll save me lots of time then laying down metal lathe and mortar.

If its all about time then use adhesive, if its about lasting many trouble free years use mortar. These guys will tell you it will glue to anything, its like asking a restaurant owner "is your food good". What do you think their response will be.