PDA

View Full Version : Echo 5 year consumer warranty

bobslawnservice
04-25-2010, 04:45 PM
ABBREVIATED: The Echo 5 year consumer warranty on backpack blowers seems too good to pass up, TRUE OR FALSE?????

DETAILED: Hey guys, I only maintain a few lawns in the neighborhood to help out with college tuition payments. My hand held cheap Menard's gas blower finally took a poop and now I'm in the market for something new. I learned a few years ago that the industrial equipment is well worth the investment and extra money so I will be looking at new backpack blowers tomorrow. I'm leaning towards the Stihl BR600 based on previous experience with Stihl and a kind of go big or go home attitude. Weight and noise really will not bother me. I want something that really blows and moves the heavy midwest leaves around. However, I will be going to Echo, RedMax and Shindaiwa dealers tomorrow to compare features as well as prices. My main question is this, the Echo 5 year consumer warranty seems too good to pass up, TRUE OR FALSE?????

P.S.: Feel free to chime in on your suggestions for blowers given my situation, also considering the fact that this will be my first back pack blower.

Thanks for your help fellas!!

Alan0354
04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Maruyama has 5 years COMMERCIAL warranty. That is big difference. I have the Maruyama BL8100 64cc bp. I love it. I don't know if it is that strong, no chance to compare. It is cheaper than the other super blowers. Spec wise, it is up there, but I put my money on blowers like SHindaiwa 79cc is going to be stronger. Can't trust the spec. Just something for you to consider.

Richard Martin
04-25-2010, 06:06 PM
The 5 year consumer warranty won't apply to you unless you lie about it.

ernieknows
04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
please check the specs for cfm with tubes on. you may be amazed how different they are. i bought the sthil br 600 just for that reason. it is the volume of air that moves the leaves, not the air speed.

Think Green
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Richard,
LOL!!!
I agree...........if you are running a shady lawn service and don't pay the tax's on your stuff, and don't need the tax write off, then tell the dealer to buy it under you wife's name.??? LOL!!
If you need the tax business write off, all you will get is a two year warranty........limited!

Merkava_4
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
please check the specs for cfm with tubes on. you may be amazed how different they are. i bought the sthil br 600 just for that reason. it is the volume of air that moves the leaves, not the air speed.

Stihl BR-600
With tube: 1210 m3/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m3/h (1,012 cfm)

What do they mean by "Without tube?"
Why would you not want the tube on? :confused:

PLS-Tx
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I had a dealer a few years ago tell me I would get a 5 year warranty if I bought Echo from him.

He said Echo would not know how it was used.

Not the kind of dealer I want to do business with.

If he will cheat Echo he would not think twice about cheating his customs.

ernieknows
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Stihl BR-600

because the numbers look more impressive. if i want to sell you something but you do not understand HOW the numbers are generated, I can mess with your mind. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Alan0354
04-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Stihl BR-600

That is the cfm at the opening after you take off the tube, the elbow and all. It is the air volume directly from the round blower housing. It is the max you ever can get out of the blower if the tube offer absolutely no resistance.

But every elbow, every tube extension cause restriction and decrease air flow.

Merkava_4
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
That is the cfm at the opening after you take off the tube, the elbow and all. It is the air volume directly from the round blower housing. It is the max you ever can get out of the blower if the tube offer absolutely no resistance.

But every elbow, every tube extension cause restriction and decrease air flow.

That's a good answer Alan - thank you sir. :)

Alan0354
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
That's a good answer Alan - thank you sir. :)

You are welcome. I can tell you, blowers are every bit as interesting as trimmers. Can't wait for you to get into blowers!!!!:waving::waving:

tallimeca
04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I had a dealer a few years ago tell me I would get a 5 year warranty if I bought Echo from him.

He said Echo would not know how it was used.

Not the kind of dealer I want to do business with.

If he will cheat Echo he would not think twice about cheating his customs.

If a dealer wants to be stupid enough to write up a commercial guy as a homeowner to give them a 5 year warranty.....they are the ones that are gonna have to deal with it down the road when the unit is just plain worn out.......not broken because of a defect. They will end up loosing a customer over it.

We have LCO's that come in with stuff from home depot, which I would never sell to a LCO because those models aren't really for commercial use. I ask when they bought it and it's 3 years old. Then they say , I registered it under my name from my house....... I look out the door and they have a full landscape rig........

I'll call Echo and say I have a guy who pulled up in a landscape rig, with an echo unit he bought at home depot. He says he uses it for his own house and it's still under warranty.........

First thing they do is ask how it looks.........or ask for pictures. Obviously it's not used at his house.........no warranty. I didn't sell it....so they can fight with echo about it.

TheC-Master
04-27-2010, 06:11 PM
If a dealer wants to be stupid enough to write up a commercial guy as a homeowner to give them a 5 year warranty.....they are the ones that are gonna have to deal with it down the road when the unit is just plain worn out.......not broken because of a defect. They will end up loosing a customer over it.

We have LCO's that come in with stuff from home depot, which I would never sell to a LCO because those models aren't really for commercial use. I ask when they bought it and it's 3 years old. Then they say , I registered it under my name from my house....... I look out the door and they have a full landscape rig........

I'll call Echo and say I have a guy who pulled up in a landscape rig, with an echo unit he bought at home depot. He says he uses it for his own house and it's still under warranty.........

First thing they do is ask how it looks.........or ask for pictures. Obviously it's not used at his house.........no warranty. I didn't sell it....so they can fight with echo about it.

And this route isn't worth it. Seriously, just get the right stuff, you should make enough money off of it to by a replacement if needed. Taking things back over and over again is a waste of time. 2 years is plenty of enough time. I remember when I was a lot younger and I had my residential stuff crapping on me, it was time to get commercial.

Cboy7
04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
That is false. Echo equipment is cheaply built to begin with and wont honor warranty for 5 months of ownership let alone 5 yrs.

my edger is in shop now for 3 weeks and they dont want to cover it after the cheap metal alloy seized up like a childs toy from china

Alan0354
04-27-2010, 06:34 PM
That is false. Echo equipment is cheaply built to begin with and wont honor warranty for 5 months of ownership let alone 5 yrs.

my edger is in shop now for 3 weeks and they dont want to cover it after the cheap metal alloy seized up like a childs toy from china

Are you sure it's not your dealer that give you the run around? Whether Echo deny warranty has a lot to do with how the dealer word the request. I don't trust the dealer until they are proven. I got burnt by dealer, it does not matter what brand it is.

Cboy7
04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
trust me. If they dont honor the warranty after the run around, I will make a thread and make sure its the most popular echo bashing thread anywhere.

the new "pro" series is no good. vapor lock and afflicted with POS syndrome