PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think about this?

Matt Hermann
04-25-2010, 04:50 PM
i have a small lawn mowing buisness, and currently have 2 craftsman 21" mowers. In town, there is this guy who has all these used tractors, push mowers 0turns, and walk behinds. how heavy is like a 42 or 48" walk behind? would i be able to put it in the back of my parents minnievan? im a junior in HS and can't drive yet, so would it be possible for me to fit a walk behind in the car? or would you suggest staying with the 21"s for another year or so. do walk behind mowers really make that much better cuts than 21"s do? thanks for the help

Matt

MrRob
04-25-2010, 04:51 PM
its not the fact of better cuts its the fact that they cut tons faster & no I doubt it would fit in the back of a minivan.

punt66
04-25-2010, 05:03 PM
nope.........

Matt Hermann
04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
what about along the lines of better stripes and all?

freshprince94
04-25-2010, 05:48 PM
NO WAY is a commercial walk behind going to fit in the back of a minivan. They can weigh from 500-700 pounds and are much too large.

I was in the same boat as you a year or so ago (using a 21) and I moved up to a 36" once my business started to grow and I found a great deal. They will cut nicer and leave nicer stripes than a 21, but they are also much more productive and faster than a 21" especially if you add a Velke.

You need a trailer and probably a truck before you worry about the walk behind. I used a minivan for several years and hated it, not to mention I looked stupid as hell. But, I got it cheap and it did the job so I put up with it for a while. Finally got a truck this past month, best thing I did for the business.

Good luck bro.

punt66
04-25-2010, 05:48 PM
most clients dont care about stripes. Concentrate in school and keep doing what your doing.

Hell on Blades
04-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Put a hitch on the minivan for $250 and buy a small trailer. Then you can tow the walk behind and not soil the interioirs.

dhunterd08
04-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I can take my 36 almost anywhere i can take my 21. My gravely has a striping kit and it looks as good or better. if you can justify the expense of a walk behind i would go for it. It takes time to get used to, but once you do, your good to go.

Glenn Lawn Care
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::nono::no no::nono::nono::nono::nono::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: