PDA

View Full Version : Leaving town and can not mow clients for over a week?

rjh4758
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I am solo and I may have to go out of state for about 10 days(ill father-in-law grim prognosis).My accounts are weekly and most accounts I do not think will be an issue going 10 days but a few may have an issue. I am not sure how to handle this should I find someone to sub it out to for that one cutting. Not sure what is gonna happen yet and want to be prepared with my business. I figure when the time comes I will call the customers up and let them decide. Has anyone else had this issue come up?

MrRob
04-25-2010, 04:57 PM
hopefully most will be understanding....

Hoy landscaping
04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
the most i leave for is 7 days, and its in the summer when the grass isnt growing much, it can go 7 days without mowing

mowerknower
04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Sub out what you have to and let the rest wait. Some things are more important than work and this is one of them. I have only left work 2 times this season, for a couple hours at a time, one was for a funeral, the other for taxes. If the customers dont understand then you can live with out them.

outlaw1960
04-25-2010, 08:10 PM
I have had this happen to me, I explained what was going on in a letter and gave the letter to my customers. I did not lose any and most payed for the full month, even though I missed a cut or two. Some things are more important than cutting grass, most, if not all will understand. Commercial accounts may need to be subbed out.....they are heartless for the most part though.......sorry to here about your father-in-law

mhaley927
04-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Agreed... let them know, and maybe daimond cut it when you get back 10 days later if its pretty long and/or leaves clumps. You'll burn a little gas, spend some more time, but if your prices are right you'll still make a little money.

Yes, its out of your control, why should you take an income hit, etc... but show your customers you can over-deliver if you have to. You'll earn yourself a good reputation doing it.