PDA

View Full Version : Kubota striping

superintendent
04-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I have a ZD 331 with a striping kit on it and it still doesn't stripe like I would like for it to. There is another company that comes to town once a week with two 331 and they every yards they mow looks great. I haven't been able to catch them when they are in town but I'm guessing they some how have a home made striping kit on there mower because believe me it not from the roller they buy from Kubota. I'm trying to figure out how I can make my own by some how mounting a rubber mat on the very back of the mower. I would like to see some of yalls home made kit on the kubota's. You can PM if you would like. Thanks

BEE.Outdoors
04-25-2010, 06:49 PM
i have never had a roller but have found that if u lower the front of the deck1/4 to 3/8 of a inch lower than the rear the kubota stripe real well .i use a 90SQ. it is easer than a ruler

homerescue
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
My kubota 326 stripes great when it stays running, my massey zt29 stripes even better.

grassman177
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
again, ours stripe great too. we have had this discussion b4. they have the same mower so i think operator error is at play here. by the way, what issues are you having with yours homeresque? wehave had many kubotas and never had a single one give us engine issues.

homerescue
04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
It has bogged ever since new, especially up hill. It kept getting worse at cutting clean double and triple cuts to make things look good. Found out the new deck needed specific blades. Got better after kubota rep set it up. Still would bog down in heavier grass. after 20-30 hours its been on the downhill again, dealer said last fall it was water, 3 other diesels without problems. Dealer finally calls in april this year last heard from in sept.09 but this is after emailing kubota, which this is what I had to do last april to get something done. Any way recently with approx 60-70 hours on fuel filters keeps cutting out and dying, replaced both filters again, immediately started bogging down again, now within less than 10 hours machine will run about 10 seconds and die like a light switch was flipped. kubota reps say algae. says these new kubota 26 diesels don't like algae. Funny thing is bx22 is fine, mx5100 fine AND massey zt29 runs great no bogging in heavy grass, wet grass or uphills. Same fuel same, same garage storage. Everything identical. My zd326 just plain sucks. I am now driving 7 hours to pick up new mowers cause dealers around here are terrible.

grassman177
04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
damn, sucks. must be soemthing but i cant tell you what, but never had issues like that. did have a fuse go out on a panel once and it was intermitent for a bit b4 going out. that took a minute to figure out i can tell you.

dont frown on the kubota, you might just have a lemon as this i know is very far from normal. harp kubota to seriously do something or use the lemon law to your advantage. make them buy it back if they cant fix it, maybe send a whole new engine and wiring

homerescue
04-26-2010, 11:29 PM
The thing is my machine has just over 300 hours on the machine. One other guy here has the 28 older diesel with 1100 hours on his, older tranny that would lean out the pump on one side, anyway his 1 wheel is locked up and his dealer won't help him and I know kubota extended the warranty 4 years on that tranny and had a fix for it. I would just like to cut my losses with kubota. I would have been happy just canceling the loan and taking the mower back. Now they have aggravated me enough I want all my money back.

rsp1961
04-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I was searching for input on the Kubota ZD326 and found this thread. Tested one yesterday. Loved the rear chute discharge, and the quiet engine and the many other features such as the front jack built in. I have a feeling homerescue did get a lemon, and I am concerned about dealer backing its product. We have had two different Kubota tractors for our farm, one had a cooling issue that never seemed to get fixed, and the other has a "closed cab A/C" issue, but never really had engine problems. Issue was the same though as far as dealer backing its product. Dealers seem to sell out or move a lot, but again that may be an economy issue. Sorry to steal the thread, but the rear discharge ZD seems to leave a nice stripe without a kit. Any input on this mower would be helpful. You can PM me so as not to steal the thread. Thanks.

homerescue
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Update: found dealer had installed fuel filters backwards, still doesn't't explain my new filters bad after 8-10 hours, new as of march 30 zd326 had intermittent fuel pump problems, bulletin said replace those pumps with people having complaints not a national recall. Anyway cutting after new correctly installed filters and new fuel pump the thing still bogs down while cutting, massey zt29 does not bog in same grass situations. kubota vs massey. I want to know where all this torque is.

mchildress
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Make sure there are no obstructions in the pickup or fuel lines. This will give the same symptoms starving a diesel engine for fuel. I have found pieces of bugs blocking fuel lines in the past on tractors. A 90 degree angle like a banjo bolt fitting is where I have found most obstructions. I know some folks farm tanks are vented with no screen and june bugs and other little critters are pretty common in the tank. The fuel filters on the ZD326 are right below the tank might run some compressed air backwards from the fuel line going to the filters into the tank to clear the pick up hose.

TNGrassCutter
11-23-2010, 04:28 PM
the a/c problems in the cab of the tractors was because it was in the roof and couldnt cool off in the summer from what ive heard from a few friends, we have 3 cab tractors and all 3 wil freeze you out on a 95 degree day, anyways OP i hav ea flap on the back of my zg23 if you want a pic not sure if it will help much