PDA

View Full Version : Who has enclosed trailers with backpack blower racks?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-25-2010, 11:27 PM
mine never have stayed up well.

For almost 2 years, two greentouch blower racks i had bolted inside "screwed" with self tapping wood/metal screws.

Two on the bottom close together and 4 on top... always flimsy though.

After one fell off a year ago, ive never had the crew use it. Now with more blowers on this trailer, i want 4 racks but having no luck.

I remounted them onto the 3/8" plywood walls using plastic anchors and wider screws... seemed fine, put one redmax on the wall and fell right back at me 5 seconds later :/

Since its impossible to mount th e Greentouch blower rack into the frame in all points, what else could i do besides installing a piece of 1/2" plywood over top of the existing wall just for the racks?

ajslands
04-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Get some like garage hooks at home depot and get some self tapping metal screws and go right into the studs (steel) I just put mine on today, and it's not realy a rack, it's a 25lb capacity hook on top and I put a 20lb capacity hook on bottom , and hook on bottom us shaped kind of like an "L" bracket shaped hook on botto
with a 20 lb rating, so about 45 lbs and it's working great! And just let the tubes hang freely or put another hook up for them
Posted via Mobile Device

P.Services
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
My trailer has 3/4" walls and I have never had one fall off. And that's the reason I always tell guys to get plywood walls.
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
^ what's the other walls ou can get? Sheet metal?
Posted via Mobile Device

P.Services
04-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Almost all the trailers I looked at had luan sp? Just get 3/4" plywood and you can hang racks everywhere and anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

ajslands
04-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Well I just got my new trailer I think it has 3/8" walls though whic I guess is luon, but it dosent look like luon, anyways though I just put my hooks right into the steel studs.
Posted via Mobile Device

ProTouch Groundscapes
04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
they also have that thin vinyl coated stuff thats real flimsy, i just got ply for the walls, much more durable.

EverestLandscape
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
This is what i have and it works AWESOME! Get E-Track from a trailer supply online or Tractor Supply stores have it. Put it into the metal frame with self-tapping screws. Then go to snaprack.com and order the small utility hooks to go into the E-Track. Thats it...they make a backpack blower bracket but the hook works better and its 3/4 of the price. If you want a pictures of my trailer set-up let me know.

EverestLandscape
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I forgot, you can actually get everything you need from www.snaprack.com...the track, screws and everything else. Check it out

waters lawn care
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
All or my racks were built by myself from steel.All hang over top lip of walls the only thing screwed to the walls are the weed eater racks just to keep proper spacing.Made all kinds of hooks and tool holders the same way really works well.

crhoades68
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I have taken a DIY approach because most of the specialty racks were too expensive in my opinion (for enclosed trailers). The backpack blower sits on a plywood shelf I built. It is secured by bungee cord.

For my trimmers I use some cheap storage hooks from Lowes (http://www.lowes.com/pd_302680-923-STFSR13_4294857690+6_4294937087?productId=3031745&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_$50%2Bor%2Bless_4294857690%206_4294937087_?rpp=30$No=30) and then use bungee cords to secure it. It takes less than 10 seconds to secure and the same time to get off the hooks. I've never had one fall off nor have the hooks bent. You can also place them right on the metal studs.

Granted it looks DIY and perhaps goofy to some, but it is very functional, durable and cheap. In addition, if I need to use the trailer for moving items the equipment can be removed and the racks folded.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Almost all the trailers I looked at had luan sp? Just get 3/4" plywood and you can hang racks everywhere and anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah, its not luan but thin... just as thin as luan. the trailer is already too heavy, freking massive frame under this thing for a 12k rating, 24' long, 3/4" floors, its something like 4300~ empty, plus racks and then equipment... if it had 3/4" walls when new and they said it was 4700lbs id probably have passed on the purchase.

but yes that would have been nice now thinking about it.

Ramairfreak98ss
04-29-2010, 08:59 AM
well i guess the main problem is, the metal studs in the wall are only maybe 2" wide at most? The greentouch racks have two screws in the bottom, which i think are wider than 2" so only one goes into the metal, the 4 on the top of the rack, which hold most of the weight of the blower, NONE go into the metal because theyre too far to the left or right of the metal wall stud. :confused:

ProTouch Groundscapes
04-29-2010, 09:13 AM
i always mount 2x4's to the walls so i can catch as many studs as i want, then i mounted my gridiron stuff to the 2x4's. ill get a pic, we just finished mounting the trimmer and blower racks on the new trailer this week.

Ramairfreak98ss
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
i always mount 2x4's to the walls so i can catch as many studs as i want, then i mounted my gridiron stuff to the 2x4's. ill get a pic, we just finished mounting the trimmer and blower racks on the new trailer this week.

great id love to see, thanks!