PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Do not mow list

armyofgoodmusic
04-26-2010, 01:13 AM
I hate people who dont pay their bills. Has anyone ever considered making a state by state "Do Not Mow List"? This way we can tell each other who to watch out for? Not sure if it would be legal or not...but maybe putting just the persons name and city they live in or something like that. This way these crooks that take us for free work cant get away with it anymore?

rain man
04-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Legally i wouldn't touch it. Eventually I figure they will sift down the food chain until they get themselves a $10.00 guy they can take for a fool and then they will stick with him.

CLS LLC
04-28-2010, 09:21 AM
It sounds like a good idea, but people would abuse it. What would stop you from putting all of your best/highest paying customers on there just to deter other people from stealing them from you. It would just end up being a big mess.

MikeKle
04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Lets try it on here. It would of course be on the honor system, but if we all black listed the people to avoid, we would all be better off. I have a guy that keeps calling me that got my number thru a friend, he is loosing his house and needs the grass cut one time to keep the city off his back, it hasnt been cut yet this season and my friend said there is trash all over the yard! So I am avoiding him at all costs, but Im sure he will find some schmuck to do it for $20. or less.

DuraCutter
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I hate people who dont pay their bills. Has anyone ever considered making a state by state "Do Not Mow List"? This way we can tell each other who to watch out for? Not sure if it would be legal or not...but maybe putting just the persons name and city they live in or something like that. This way these crooks that take us for free work cant get away with it anymore?

Knowing the lawncare biz, you'd have guys running up and down the list chomping at the bits to go lower in price... lol... I'm surprised guys aren't actually paying to mow peoples places... might happen soon if prices keep going down.

topsites
04-30-2010, 03:53 AM
It won't work, for one it's illegal and that's because it is in violation of the fair credit reporting act (even
thou it may not feel like we're reporting actual credit scores, fact is the information can be used as such).

So the thing is, to be fair the list has to include ALL customers, good and bad and everyone and everything in between too.