PDA

View Full Version : Bragging on J-Thomas

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Get this. Last Thursday @ 2pm I ordered a new engine for my Toro wb (Kohler 15hp) from J-Thomas. Guy told me I should expect it on Mon or Tues since it's going to NC. I didn't have a problem with this since I didn't need the engine right away anyway. Engine arrived on Fri, one day after I ordered it!!!! Plus it was shipped freight, meaning it was sent on a tractor trailer. Thought I would pass this on to help ya'll who need parts quick.

LAWNS AND MOWER

bob
07-02-2002, 09:38 PM
I ordered a part last Thursday. They told me 3-5 days. It was at my house the next day!!

Tony Harrell
07-03-2002, 06:24 AM
How much was the engine including shipping?

Season 2 Season
07-03-2002, 08:20 AM
I ordered blades last monday. Still have not recieved. This is my first time ordering with them, hopes it improves.

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-03-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tony Harrell
How much was the engine including shipping?

The engine was $499 (Kohler vertical 15hp) and shipping was something like $50. Seeing that you're from NC also, shipping should be the same for you.

LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Season 2 Season
I ordered blades last monday. Still have not recieved. This is my first time ordering with them, hopes it improves.

I would give them a call and see what's going on. They'll be on it like white on rice if you call them. They take pride in customer service.

LAWNS AND MOWER

Season 2 Season
07-03-2002, 06:24 PM
I have called them and they are runnig a trace on it. The lady I spoke with said I should hear something by end of day. So, I tried before they closed and the guy who answered said it could take upto 24hrs. I am going to callback tomorrow tosee if they have heard anything.

Jimbo
07-04-2002, 04:29 PM
I just received my first catalogue and I have not made a purchase because I am unsure about the after market quality.

However if it takes up to 24 hours to run a tracer on a package that is not good customer service in my mind. Where I used to work we could trace a package while the person was on the phone (if it went UPS) that is.

Jimbo

Barkleymut
07-05-2002, 12:04 AM
I ordered over $1000 dollars worth of stuff in the spring from J.Thomas. Out of 18 blades 7 were bent. Out of 18 different items ordered 4 were on back order. The shipment was right on time. The 2 no flat tires for the back of my Chopper both went flat within 3 weeks. The replacement for one of those tires ripped off the rim right over the lug nuts (really cheap steal). There are plenty of items that I ordered that I am happy with but from now on I think my local dealer will be getting my business.

P&J Lawncare
07-05-2002, 05:34 AM
I have spent thousand's with j-thomas and have nothing but good things to say about them. I have had two things back ordered but they both came within a week. I also get a discount because I spent over a thousand on one order so for the rest of the year I get 8% off on my purchases.

lawngator
07-05-2002, 09:00 AM
I, too, have been extremely pleased with J-Thomas. I use their internet site to order my supplies. They provide a UPS tracking number with my order.