PDA

View Full Version : snapper yard cruisers

indian
07-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Does any one have any experiance with these mowers. Are they worth the money, do they mulch well, bag well, and do they give a quality cut? I am looking into gettin one of these.

rkbrown
07-04-2002, 06:25 PM
I don't know much about them, but the comments that I have heard are mostly neutral to negative. Nothing that I can put my finger on though. My thought is that if you are going with that heavy a machine, I would spend the extra money and get a commercial quality ztr that will last you.

indian
07-04-2002, 10:42 PM
I would look into getting a commercial ztr, however, I have a pretty small yard and a commercial unit would not fit through the gates in the fence. The gates are 40 inches wide. What options do I have for a ztr that is smaller than that?

Okieboy42509
07-08-2002, 12:31 AM
Well as far as I know snapper is murry, or the other way around, they sell snapper equipment at the local wal-mart, so if that scares you hehe, well I think it should be ok as long as it has a briggs on it.

bruces
07-08-2002, 10:08 AM
I had a 38" yard cruiser. The single joy stick steering is not very good compared to dual wheel controls like a true zero turn mower.

I had trouble on any kind of slope. Look at the Hustler or Toro Time Cutter ( I believe). They have Z's geared toward the homeowner.

I wouldn't buy the Yard Cruiser again.

amlawn
07-10-2002, 12:34 AM
I have a swim club I maintain, and they bought the 38" yard cruiser for the grounds there. i haven' t caught grass yet, only mulched. I have to say it does a good job of that. It's not commerical that's for sure, but it runs well for me. By the way, I think Encore makes a "small" 30-something (35" ?) Z-rider.
jim