PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

nboeger4
04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
So I'm going to be going out of town for a week at the end of June. I'm a smaller operator that just has one mow crew and some part time landscape help. I have a guy that's got a bigger company then mine and he said he would be willing to mow about 20-30 of my weekly residential customers. He would be using all of his equipment, trucks, trailers. What percentage do you guys think I should pay him? I have an idea of what I'm thinking but I want some other opinions. Thanks

Charles
04-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Pay him whatever you get. That is what I do. He is using his equipment and his gas. You are lucky to have somebody you can trust to step in for you.

MikeKle
04-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Absolutely, give him 100%, it is his mowers, fuel, time, etc. that is nice you have someone to help you out here and there. That would be nice to have that option if I got behind or couldnt do it for some reason. Now, if he was using your equipment and truck, I would give him like 50 or 75%.

nboeger4
04-30-2010, 12:43 AM
alright thanks guys. im going to be talking to him soon to get everything worked out.

topsites
04-30-2010, 02:51 AM
I personally wouldn't let anyone touch my customer's lawns
unless I knew the person real good, I'd rather chance losing
customers over it not being cut lol

Sorry to be this way.