PDA

View Full Version : Walker Super B or Husqvarna PZ 61/34

JShe8918
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
So i am in a pickle. I have to make a decesion extremly quick. Walker super bee air cooled for 8300 after tax OR PZ 61/34 for 10300. Walker dealer is 2 hours away and normally has a two day wait for service during peak season, and the husqvarna is about 5 mins from my house with a service time of in and out in a matter of an hour or less! What do i do. I feel that the Super B is a superior mower but i just don't know what to do!

JShe8918
04-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Or Scag Wildcat 52/26 liquid cooled. For 9610.48

mowerbrad
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Go with the Husqvarna. The fact that the dealer is 5 minutes from your house and has fast turn around service is a huge selling point. The PZ is supposed to be a great mower.

If you get the walker, you're driving 2 hours to the dealer one way. So just to go there and back your looking at 4 hours plus time spent at the dealer....which means that you will lose about 4.5 hours in time spent going to the dealer and back home. How many jobs could you finish in that 4.5 hour time?

JShe8918
04-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I do agree. Now i am between the Wildcat 26 liquid with a 52 for 9600 or the PZ 61/34 for 10300. Scag is about 15 mins from my house and he is just as quick or service. In and out! ARGH!!! I hate having to make hasty desicions.

mowerbrad
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Well now you are put in a different position....if the service is equal at both dealers then your choice will need to be determined by which mower you like better.

The scag is a very well built machine. The liquid cooled engines typically last a little longer than air cooled, however, repairs can be more costly as well. But the scag will come with the velocity plus mowing deck, which (from what I here) is one of the better decks out there.

Honestly, I would go for the Scag.

JShe8918
04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Well i honestly wanted to go for the Scag. I have owned a 2008 scag turf tiger that i sold to a close friend of mine who is from the same town as I. He goes by Green Up on here. I am getting the Husqvarna tomorrow. I was going to pick it up today at 5 but i didn't get there in time. It is serviced and waiting on me. I will get some photos of it tomorrow.

Cboy7
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
really, sound slike your mind is pretty much made up , but I will confirm it. Husqvarna is decent equipment and the closest service. that would be my pick

Cooter
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
The PZ specs out like a very good machine. Looking forward for a review after u get some hours on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

highlander316
04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
wow the Husqvarna is 10300 where the Y/K is 8000 for the 60/29 MaxIII (that's the price my dealer quoted me). Same machine, different color.

js_landscape&design
04-26-2010, 10:29 PM
JShe8918 I hope you haven't pulled the trigger on that Husqvarna PZ yet. The price your dealer is giving you is outrageous. I was well read on this new machine but did not get a chance to demo one before I had to purchase a ztr this year. The husqvarna has a superior warranty and excellent commercial specs. I expect you made a good choice with that machine. However, your price should be somewhere between $7600 and $8300 for that machine before tax. Sounds like the price you were quoted is standard retail plus tax......your dealer should be able to save you some money on this machine. Hope you read this in time and save yourself a couple grand.

JShe8918
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
My first z turn was a husqvarna. The service is great, it is close, and my past husky's were great mowers. They just didn't offer the comforts and control of the scag i had. Therefore the change! The only thing i don't like is the controls are so sensitive. It seems to pivot much nicer than my scag did while sitting in one location with little turf disturbance!! Which is a plus. The ride is nice and plush and the sealed barons are gonna be great for me since i hate to grease!

MileHigh
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM
anything but the walker.

castlerockmo
04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
The pz is a great machine. The 60/34 my dealer is selling for around 9000. I have ran that machine many times, I want one In a bad way. They are well built with a 3 year warranty lifetime warranty on the deck spindel housings and frame. That 7 gauge deck is nice and cuts great. If I had just bought a new mower in the fall I would have bought a PZ this spring. I really think the pz is the cats meow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
04-27-2010, 07:53 AM
I think you are crazy if you are buying any of these mowers without a demo first. Do yourself a favor and demo the ones you are thinking about, the Walker included because I feel this is a great mower, and then you will know which one you want.

JShe8918
04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Oh i have demo'd all of them except the PZ. I have driven the PZ with out mowing grass. That is the only thing i don't know about is the cut quality. I do agree the warranty is great! He has always sold everything at his shop for retail plus tax. EVERYTHING.... Rangers, polaris, honda, stihl, EVERYTHING. Around here that is how it works with all the dealers because there is no competetion! I hate it.

Jonathan

Ketron Enterprise LLC
04-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Just a heads up, there is a new PZ series 60"cut 29 KAW on ebay from SLE equipment in Nashville. Not sure how far down in AL you are, but it might be worth a drive to save several thousand. This mower shows they will accept an offer of 7799 for it. Thats a steal!! dont pay 10K for any ZTR aircooled gas, thats just too high priced.

Cooter
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
So after some spring seat time in the new Husqvarna PZ what are your thoughts?

Mickhippy
05-13-2010, 05:18 AM
I want update! And heaps of pics on the job! Not all clean sitting on the driveway!

dtc0207
05-13-2010, 08:01 PM
JShe8918 I hope you haven't pulled the trigger on that Husqvarna PZ yet. The price your dealer is giving you is outrageous. I was well read on this new machine but did not get a chance to demo one before I had to purchase a ztr this year. The husqvarna has a superior warranty and excellent commercial specs. I expect you made a good choice with that machine. However, your price should be somewhere between $7600 and $8300 for that machine before tax. Sounds like the price you were quoted is standard retail plus tax......your dealer should be able to save you some money on this machine. Hope you read this in time and save yourself a couple grand.

If you can find me a new 34 /60 pz for 7600 let me know I was thinking 9000 should be the going price

Cooter
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I would just like to hear some reviews of cut quality and handling.
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
I have used it a lot cooter. And there is no way you will get a 34/60 for 7500 that msrp is 9900.
Posted via Mobile Device

ucfbrian
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I can offer anyone off of here the PZ6034 for $8350 plus tax. Retail is $9999.95

castlerockmo
05-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Is that the 60/34 or 29 brain, either way hecK of a deal I love that machine. Wish you were close to me
Posted via Mobile Device

ucfbrian
05-17-2010, 02:13 PM
That is on the PZ6034FX, the PZ6029 would only be about $250 less so unless you are looking at gas savings the 34hp is the way to go.

Anybody that is in my area that is looking for a deal, PM me and lets see what kind of deal we can make.

JShe8918
05-17-2010, 02:28 PM
I paid 10600 after tax and all. Overall i have found a bunch of things i do like and a few that i don't! One thing i thought i would love is the double action deck adjustment. It locks when i don't want it to lock. It is a user error but it is extremely easy to make this mistake. Also it seems to scalp more on lower settings than my scag did. Another negative is the high center of gravity along with not having a switch to transfer tank usage like the old husky's did. The only other thing i have noticed that i don't like is the vacuum of the deck. It doesn't suck up the leaves and chop them up like my other mowers. I don't know whether it is the blades that come factory or whether it is the deck baffling. It disperses clippings well it just doen't chop them up fine enough to suit me. The trim edge isn't large enough for some corners i used to mow. The fuel consumption is horrendous. after 4 hours it had burned 12 gallons!!! I know this sounds like alot of negatives but the positives out weight these negatives. Would i go with husqvarna over scag in the future probably not. It is a great machine but i don't think it fits the bill as well as everyone raved about it pre production!

Things i do like include plush ride, suspension seat is extremely comfy, sealed barons, the deck pully set up, the extra power (Thing mows like a champ through all the thick stuff), step integrated into the deck.

castlerockmo
05-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I used the 34 hp and didn't use that much fuel. I didn't like the tank draining at the same time either until u think about hill stablitly if one side is empty and the other full you have an extra 40 or 50 pounds on on side. I had problem with the foot assist too but I got used to it. As far as the choping leaves I found the stock blades don't cut up as fine that's why I put gator blades on my machines but the stock blades stripe better. I guess I have had a problem with the trim side of the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device

JShe8918
05-17-2010, 07:42 PM
I used the 34 hp and didn't use that much fuel. I didn't like the tank draining at the same time either until u think about hill stablitly if one side is empty and the other full you have an extra 40 or 50 pounds on on side. I had problem with the foot assist too but I got used to it. As far as the choping leaves I found the stock blades don't cut up as fine that's why I put gator blades on my machines but the stock blades stripe better. I guess I have had a problem with the trim side of the deck.
Posted via Mobile Device

See i hate gator blades because they get me so dusty and dirty. The dust gets in my eyes and makes it where my contacts try and roll and up and move. It irratates them so badly. I am guessing the stock blades are low lift. He said he is gonna give me a set of gators and a set of high lifts to try. And if neither of them perform like i want then he will adjust the baffling.

Mickhippy
05-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Its a shame to hear these negatives about the new Husky. It "looked" such a nice machine!

dtc0207
05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Change to a high lift blade you will be very happy

JShe8918
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
New update... I HATE his MOWER!!! Keeping straight lines is impossible. It will not cut bahia. It just swirls it around! It may be good in northern grasses but in these southern lawns it blows. I made a really bad decision!

dtc0207
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
trust me the first 3 guys that demoed mine said same thing I put on some high lift blades let them take it back out and they all said it was one of the best cutting mowers

JShe8918
05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Can you make the hydro pumps less responsive? I can not make a straight line for anything on this thing but all my stripes with my walker and my scags are straight as can be. This is becuase the steering is more relaxed and not so uptight. I am trying to see if i can return the thing. I put on some high lifts just a few minutes ago to see how it does tomorrow. My dealer gave them and a set of gators to me. I am gonna try both and see if it improves. But after riding the mower for 3 hours straight today i found the lay out of the controls odd, the foot pedal even more annoying, and the mower to be less comfy than i origonally thought.

chuacro
05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Johnathon, I thought you were dead set on a bigger more more horsepower walker mower. I hope you resolve this problem with your new mower.

JShe8918
05-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Johnathon, I thought you were dead set on a bigger more more horsepower walker mower. I hope you resolve this problem with your new mower.

Haha... I was.... money got tight and i wound up between the superbee, husky PZ, or scag wildcat. Now i wish i had gone with the wildcat or super bee. I demod the superbee and it is friggin awesome just hella long. I hope i can get it all settled too! How's my old walker treating you?

castlerockmo
05-17-2010, 11:57 PM
That's sucks your not happy with it. When I bought my dixon it was real touchy like that, just took a while to get use to. I must not have noticed it on the pz because of running my dixon. Hope it all get worked out for ya.
Posted via Mobile Device

chuacro
05-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I have had to replace all the idler pulleys. I had the quick height adjustment put on. Makes it so much easier. I tried that mulch plate from ebay and worked well. I think that might have made too much build-up under machine causing some pulley problems.

Hope you reslove your problems with your new mower.

js_landscape&design
05-19-2010, 02:44 AM
If you can find me a new 34 /60 pz for 7600 let me know I was thinking 9000 should be the going price

I don't get on much lately and haven't had a chance to reply to your post. I was quoted $7600 for the 60"/30hp kohler, $7800 for the 60/29 kaw, and $8000 for the 60/34 kaw. The price on the 60/34 was not the one with dual transport speed. Those prices were from a dealer in Lexington, NC via eBay. I think I still have his number and can get you in touch with him. At those prices he was willing to meet me south of Charlotte at the NC/SC state line so I wouldn't have to drive as far. This was back in March though and his prices may be different now. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the info. The PZ looked like a great machine on paper but I did not get to demo one before I had to purchase this year and ended up going with Snapper Pro.

JShe8918 hope you get your kinks worked out. Best of luck!

mobileboy
09-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Check the pitch on your deck. Should be 1/2" lower in front. Mine cuts bahia beautifully, and tracks straight as an arrow. Your problems can likely be resolved with minor adjustments. I'm very happy with my PZ6029. I will be switching to highlifts though because i use my mower as a blower on larger jobs. Saves me tons of time, and the standard blades that come on the mower cut ok, but discharge air velocity is low.

JShe8918
09-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Check the pitch on your deck. Should be 1/2" lower in front. Mine cuts bahia beautifully, and tracks straight as an arrow. Your problems can likely be resolved with minor adjustments. I'm very happy with my PZ6029. I will be switching to highlifts though because i use my mower as a blower on larger jobs. Saves me tons of time, and the standard blades that come on the mower cut ok, but discharge air velocity is low.

I have grown to like it alot more. The cut is nice. It just still isn't up to par with scag or walker. I hope to be purchasing a walker super bee next year.