PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4 diesel

Mike Blevins
04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm hoping to be looking at a 2002 dodge cummings diesel with 75,000 miles. It also has alot of add ons that were professionally installed and tuned. For instance bigger injectors,banks performance, etc. absolutley one owner adult driven perfect shape truck. Has receipts for around $5000 worth of add ons. Absolutley mint condition with fifth wheel camper hitch and spray on bed liner. This truck was a co-worker and friend's truck who was killed in a car wreck a little over year ago. I talked to another friend who told me that the wife might be willing to sell now.(which I never thought would happen).So what would this truck would be worth? KBB has it around $13500.00 Also it is an extended cab and has new michelin tires on it. :usflag:

Gravel Rat
04-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Not worth it go buy a unmodified truck anybody that has added that stuff has abused the truck.

Want a truck that is in good shape buy one from a old retired guy that never uses or abuses the truck.

LawnmastersMikejr
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I've never heard of a cummings diesel. It's Cummins! A truck with that low miles is hard to find. If you could get it for $15,000 or less itd be a good deal. Check around the bottom of the doors for rust that is a common problem with those year trucks. They also have a tendency to wear out the injection pumps when they are turned up so make sure it is getting plenty of fuel pressure. Sounds like a good truck to me and if maintained will last you atleast 300k miles.

Mike Blevins
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Not worth it go buy a unmodified truck anybody that has added that stuff has abused the truck.

Want a truck that is in good shape buy one from a old retired guy that never uses or abuses the truck.

Trust me this truck hasn't been abused. It was an older gentleman that owned the truck. When I say older he was around 10 years older than me and I'm 36 years old. I worked alot with him and know how well he maintained it. This is why I'm wanting to get the truck. Anybody else I wouldn't even consider it with all the add ons. Garage kept and serviced way before it called for it.

pitrack
04-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Sounds like an awesome find. Those years are hard to find in good shape and low miles. Is it an auto or standard?

Mike Blevins
04-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like an awesome find. Those years are hard to find in good shape and low miles. Is it an auto or standard?

It was a standard but the guys widow decided to hang on to it. So no harm no foul. I'll keep the chevrolet 2500 hd.

gtmorgan89
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Auto or manual? What clutch is in the truck? Did Don Peters do all the mods? Its well worth the KBB price.

pitrack
04-30-2010, 01:14 AM
It was a standard but the guys widow decided to hang on to it. So no harm no foul. I'll keep the chevrolet 2500 hd.

Dang man that sucks! At least you have a truck though.