PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB 610 --- Piece of crap!

jlbf0786
04-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I bought a used Echo PB610 backpack blower, non-commercial use.

this thing is a "piece of shi%" seriously... I have never like Echo products, and now i know why!

It bogs down at full-thottle, very weak when it does run at full-throttle..
supposed to be a 58.2 cc Power Boost Tornado engine
"yeah right" tornado engine.

Can anyone tell me how to get this piece of junk running like a 58.2 cc engine would run on any other blower?

dutch1
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Check the compression--should be in the neighborhood of 120. Pull the muffler and check on the condition of the jug and piston. Buying used is always a gamble--sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. If everything is on the up and up with the above, perform the normal service items--plug, air and fuel filter replace/clean. Then proceed with carb adjustments as needed.

24v6spd
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
I bought a used Echo PB610 backpack blower, non-commercial use.

this thing is a "piece of shi%" seriously... I have never like Echo products, and now i know why!

It bogs down at full-thottle, very weak when it does run at full-throttle..
supposed to be a 58.2 cc Power Boost Tornado engine
"yeah right" tornado engine.

Can anyone tell me how to get this piece of junk running like a 58.2 cc engine would run on any other blower?
I have had great luck with Echo blowers. Sounds like your spark arrestor screen could be plugged, remove it from muffler and clean.

jlbf0786
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I dont have a compression gauge, i was going to buy one not long ago but
never got around to it?
I know harborfreight has them cheap, but other than the compression..
i checked the muffler, theres not arrestor in it.. this model muffler is the same as the stihl br420's i believe..
but its already had all the basic services performed.. and the carb is brand new with the limiter caps still on the H+ and L- jets.
Ive also got the old carb that the guy took off, i was thinking of replacing it w/ the old carb just incase he tried to adjust the new one and didnt mention it.

i might just try to sell it and buy another stihl br420, love to have another Redmax8000

GlynnC
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Die you check the exhaust port for carbon build up? Anytime an engine starts but doesn't rev up--exhaust port is the 1st thing I check.

I've had very good luck with Echo--most of it used!!

baileylawnservice
04-26-2010, 08:47 PM
throw the spark arrestor away and get a new fuel filter

ed2hess
04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
You almost can't go wrong on these units.....I get them from our dealer and rebuild them. Got to have good bearing and seals on the crank and a new carb repair kit and you are good to go. Sometimes I replace all the gaskets when it is torn apart. The bearing behind the recoil eventually goes on all these units.

topsites
04-27-2010, 12:33 AM
It might not be the most powerful unit but these things are to be expected
when buying used, probably just needs some TLC and attention, gtg.

jlbf0786
04-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Its got more engine power than a stihl BR420, "according" to the specs from the factory.. but isnt half as powerful..

Maybe its just the Maple Helicopter Seeds that are harder to get up than regular leaves. Quite heavy this year!

ed2hess
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Its got more engine power than a stihl BR420, "according" to the specs from the factory.. but isnt half as powerful..

Maybe its just the Maple Helicopter Seeds that are harder to get up than regular leaves. Quite heavy this year!

There is not a bit of difference in these two units when they are running correct. I have several of both. You got a problem with the echo.

jackson1
05-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Like glennC said check carbon build up from using cheap oil mix.The carbon is hard to see it looks like the metal wall it just smoothly builds up closing the port wall smaller.It is hard to scrape off but just dont go to deep and scrape the piston.

jlbf0786
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
UPDATE:

Today I took the muffler off, removed the screen completely, put the muffler back on. Started it up... it runs the same as before, no better nor worse.

I thought id remove the carb to check and see if the guy who i bought it from had somehow installed it incorrectly (its a brand new carb straight from ZAMA, its a ZAMA/C1M-K76 carburetor.. it still had the limit caps on it.)

Nothing seemed to be out of place, so i put it back together, now it wont fire up at all! Just floods, and floods, and floods.. even after removing the plug, pulling the recoil a few hard times to remove access fuel and drying the plug.. same thing.

"What am I missing here?" Its got the 3 basics: FUEL, FIRE, AIR..
It should run!

** ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE CORRECT ADJUSTMENTS TO THE CARB IS? **

The Lawn Ranger CT.
05-05-2010, 11:38 PM
sounds like the needle float is getting stuck open and flooding out, my stihl trimmer just had the same problem, I finally took the carb completely apart and soaked it with Deep Creep and blew everything out, (thats where I found the float needle sticking)

mnglocker
05-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Sounds like a timing issue. Check the woodruff key between the crank and the fly wheel for wear. Pay attention when you take it out because it's directional. (offset for timing)

verant
05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I have a 610...its ran like a champ since i bought it in 2005 new... never even had to service it yet or replace anything!

ed2hess
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
UPDATE:

Today I took the muffler off, removed the screen completely, put the muffler back on. Started it up... it runs the same as before, no better nor worse.

I thought id remove the carb to check and see if the guy who i bought it from had somehow installed it incorrectly (its a brand new carb straight from ZAMA, its a ZAMA/C1M-K76 carburetor.. it still had the limit caps on it.)

Nothing seemed to be out of place, so i put it back together, now it wont fire up at all! Just floods, and floods, and floods.. even after removing the plug, pulling the recoil a few hard times to remove access fuel and drying the plug.. same thing.

"What am I missing here?" Its got the 3 basics: FUEL, FIRE, AIR..
It should run!

** ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE CORRECT ADJUSTMENTS TO THE CARB IS? **

Why don't you just send it to me and if I can get it going I will pay somethign for the unit?