PDA

View Full Version : How many and what type of parts do you carry?

ajslands
04-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I was just wondering what you guys usually carry as "extra" parts? i was thinking a few spark plugs, maybe a belt, some bolts and nuts, maybe like a quick patch kit in case of a flat tire? just wondering thanks

mowerbrad
04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm really bad at keeping extra parts. I'm even worse at keeping extra parts with me in the truck. One of these days it will bite me in the butt but I will jump that hurdle when I come to it.

As far as what extra parts I do carry.....well....I do have an extra key for my ztr.

unkownfl
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I just carry two mowers and almost two of everything else I use daily.

ajslands
04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
lol right after i posted this, my buddy called me, saying "he just broke a belt and spindle and is going to be out for a day of mowing and wants me to cover it for him.
i am sure most guys dont carry spindles around everywhere though

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
belts, tire plugs, air tank and a cordless impact with sockets and a small assortment of nuts/bolts........o and some duct tape!

ajslands
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
^ duct tape can fix any thing! the nice thing about commercial mowers, is a lot of the parts are universal... just came to me; Oil, or Wd-40 or FF would be great items to have

davis45
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
On the trailer itself we keep belts, tire plugs, zip ties, air tank, all sorts of electrical connectors, blades. I even have a couple spare pulleys and a starter ever since the starter broke the gear 25 miles from home.

Tool box on the truck has every tool you need for a mower.

ajslands
04-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I have a socket set and one of those 4 in one screw drivers, the only thing I don't have is pliers, and they are realy good for every thing so I should probably get a pair, but I have needle nose!
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
04-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Too many too list, the whole truck box is full.
Let me put it another way...

I got so much in there that not only could I not list it all, but half the time I forget I even have it.
Best to just let it build up over the years, I think.