PDA

View Full Version : 21" Toro Commercial

ozd12005
04-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Just bought some new back tires for my proline and wondering how in the heck do you get the new tires around the rims. It has the split rims on it

Roger
04-26-2010, 10:42 PM
There should be four bolts holding two halves of the wheel together. Take the bolts out, and carefully (note again, carefully) take the two halves apart. I emphasize the "carefully" because prying, pushing, and otherwise arm-stronging them apart may result in getting them out of shape. They are pressed items, and not very sturdy on their own. I seemed to recall (been quite a few years when I made this repair) one of the major problems was getting the half off the hub area.

When the two halves are apart, the rubber portion of the wheel will come out, and is replaced with your new tire. Replace the four bolts, and you should be good to go.

lawnjox
04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Just bought some new back tires for my proline and wondering how in the heck do you get the new tires around the rims. It has the split rims on it

you may wish you would have bought the whole thing already together for like $40 bucks

Lawn Specialties
04-26-2010, 11:59 PM
I assume your having trouble getting the wheel halves together. Get some long preferably all threaded bolts so you can suck the wheel halves into the tire. You then can replace the long bolts with the shorter ones.

lawnjox
04-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I assume your having trouble getting the wheel halves together. Get some long preferably all threaded bolts so you can suck the wheel halves into the tire. You then can replace the long bolts with the shorter ones.

Thats what I used to do and works great, but what I discovered is by the time the tire is worn out the bearings and center of the wheel are worn out as well. It is cheaper and faster just to get the whole thing.

ozd12005
04-27-2010, 09:59 AM
There should be four bolts holding two halves of the wheel together. Take the bolts out, and carefully (note again, carefully) take the two halves apart. I emphasize the "carefully" because prying, pushing, and otherwise arm-stronging them apart may result in getting them out of shape. They are pressed items, and not very sturdy on their own. I seemed to recall (been quite a few years when I made this repair) one of the major problems was getting the half off the hub area.

When the two halves are apart, the rubber portion of the wheel will come out, and is replaced with your new tire. Replace the four bolts, and you should be good to go.

Thanks... I Never dealt with these kind of rims before and after a little tinkering finally got them what a pita. paid around $24 for the tires, dealer said bearings seemed fine and not to waste $56 a piece for new rims

lawnjox
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks... I Never dealt with these kind of rims before and after a little tinkering finally got them what a pita. paid around $24 for the tires, dealer said bearings seemed fine and not to waste $56 a piece for new rims

http://www.mowpart.com/p131386/Wheel-And-Tire-Asm/product_info.html
$30.95 for whole thing

ozd12005
04-27-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.mowpart.com/p131386/Wheel-And-Tire-Asm/product_info.html
$30.95 for whole thing

Wow!! Thanks nice site...... Wish I had time to shop for the tires but put it off for so long that one of the tires finally split in half and was falling off. Now I have the revenue and need to start searching for differnt parts needed.