PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer ttrouble--helpp!

mowslot54
04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
A few weeks ago i bought a new stihl fs 100rx trimmer. First day i got it ran great. the next day, as in overnight...it was leaking fuel out of the air filter...i took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong with it and that it started right up. Howvever..the next day it wouldnt start. at all. The day after that..started right up and ran great. Its back and forth between this and i cant figure it out and im getting very aggrivated with it! im gonna try putting a new spark plug in and if that doesnt work its going back to the dealer and they better figure it out. any advice?

G. Ramey
04-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Take it back, make them fix it. nothing is worse than spending money on something new and getting the same quality as if you bought it at a yardsale. If you have a good dealer he shouldn.t have a problem with keeping a customer happy.

topsites
04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Yup, don't fool with equipment under warranty, take it to the dealer.

Maybe try taking it to them right when it acts up?

lawnboy dan
04-27-2010, 09:33 AM
another reason why i dont buy sthil anymore- zamma carbs suck

grouperfisherman
04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Just tell them the carb is leaking fuel, you have told them and if a fire starts it could be dangerous. Watch how fast they react once you mention fire hazard and they say the unit is OK.

midstroke
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Purchased the same trimmer two years ago. Took it in once for a clutch under warranty. Have had no luck with the trimmer since new. Now i buy redmax and im not saying stihl is bad just had enough. My dealer was always great about warranty work though even work with you if your half way close to end of warranty.

mowerknower
04-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Sounds like you just need the tank vent replaced. They have a hose that goes into the air filter case and the fuel will leak into the air filter and flood the engine. Get it fixed under warranty.