PDA

View Full Version : Box Truck mowing rig

shawn d
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
I am purchasing a Box Truck mowing rig and it is on a ford E350 chassis with a very heavy duty spring assist loading ramp. Obviously it would be hard to answer my question without pictures from my truck- But have any of you loaded anything like a small skid steer in the back of a box truck rig? If so how did it handle it?

Thanks for any help- Just wondering what my limits might be

I'll upload the pictures when I get home with the truck this evening.

castlerockmo
04-27-2010, 08:14 AM
You probably don't want to put that much weight in the back of that thing, its only a one ton. The most I have ever put in my one is 4tons and the bumper was almost on the ground, I had plenty of power I didn't even know it was back there but I just didn't have enough suspension. An E-350 os going to have the same suspension as a F-350. JMO I don't think I would put over 6000# in that van.
Posted via Mobile Device

shawn d
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
It is a dually, so I would think the payload might be a little higher that an f-350. I'm talking a smaller 25hp ish skid loader not a 72hp track loader
Posted via Mobile Device

DaveVB
04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
It will probably be a fairly steep ramp. Back the skid up the ramp. Keep your weight up hill at all times, this will keep you from rolling it backwards.

castlerockmo
04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Think about the floor of the box too. Its not going to hold much weight.
Posted via Mobile Device

shawn d
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I would think it could hold the weight- the skid I am looking at buying only weighs about 2700lbs
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravel Rat
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
The electrician contractors around here run E-350 Cube vans with a 14 foot box those trucks are loaded easily grossing 15,000lbs they do just fine, not legal thou :laugh:

Just throw a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood down to sit the skid steer on it to help disperse the weight over the floor of the box. The hardest part is strapping the machine down unless you have E track inside.