PDA

View Full Version : Kohler 27 hp

irishcreek95
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Anybody having a problem with this engine not revving up when the throttle is moved all the way forward and the deck is engaged? I had problem and found when I leaned on the air cleaner the engine revved up properly. Pushed it forward and now problem seem to have gone away. Is something I am missing?

piston slapper
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Sounds like you have natural ability...put your hand on the engine and it fixed itself..You'd probably be a good mechanic if you ever decided to go that route...

Seriously.,There is probably something loose, If you could tell us which mower you have, it would be easier to tell you where to look.

irishcreek95
04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
This engine is on a Scag tiger cat. The bracket holding the air cleaner also holds the linkage for the carb. All the bolts and screws seem tight but their does seem to be alot of movement in this assembly. I do wish I had the ability you suggest, although it lately the ability is the reverse, everything I touch breaks. First the mower and then the trimmer.

piston slapper
04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
The engine cowl is probably cracked where the screws attach the breather bracket., There are some unused holes on the metal bracket that the throttle shaft goes thru(right next to the mounting screws) Install drywall screws into holes, it should tighten it up.

irishcreek95
04-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for info I will give it a try today. Very much appreciated.