PDA

View Full Version : What have you lost??

ramcat
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Im just wondering what are some things lawn care business operators lose......just this year we mysteriously misplaced a dethatcher for the front of our tractor and an Echo 210 trimmer (almost brand new). We looked and looked for both and can't seem to come up with either.....i could list several other things we have lost over the years too (tool box off of the back of the truck, and some accounts.....those hurt the worst :cry:).

mowerbrad
04-27-2010, 06:14 PM
....my mind

rwar
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Lost my worktunes last week,set them on the bumper to put the trimmer in the rack,lady I was mowing for came out with the check,we talked a while and I totally forgot about them when I left

LouisianaLawnboy
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh I have left some things behind, (ear muffs, glasses, sprayer, etc) and once while going down the highway I lost a plastic toolbox with some loppers in it, maybe gas cans, and some other junk.

93Chevy
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Only thing I lost that really ticks me off is my old utility knife. My new one just isn't the same...

topsites
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
*&%^ cable remote control!
It ain't funny, I can't even switch channels from the chair.

Gone.
Got lucky we had a spare 'universal' pos sitting around, can't get it to turn power
but at least it switches channels (and favorites too!).
The rest I can handle with the TV's remote :p

Ten tine pitch forks, two!
They cost 50-89 each!
One did turn back up.

Hand held sprayers omg, several!
Got so tired of this all I use now are BP sprayers lol
Although I ALMOST managed to leave that in a yard today :dizzy:

THE KEYS!!!!
Omg omg this REALLY sucks!
You can't go NOWHERE and I don't care how bad the grass needs cutting.

Runner
04-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I lost a good mulch fork, TOO!

blakerugg
04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
just a pitchfork. i lock everything up good and it all stays in the locked barn at night. luckily stuff doesnt usually walk away while im on the job(knock on wood), i work in a very good area.

Cboy7
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Lost a seadoo jetski. took it in for repairs may 4, 2001

I called 3 times they said its not done yet , then new owners took over and then new location , and well,... I never seen it again.

Jhill19
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
lost my iPhone for a good 20 mins the other day mowing, came out of my holster. Took me forever to find it. Couple pairs of safety glasses and muffs, gas can, rakes, mower keys, and a pair of needle nose pliers

Jhill19
04-27-2010, 08:55 PM

I called 3 times they said its not done yet , then new owners took over and then new location , and well,... I never seen it again.

I'd be going back for what was rightfully mine, what'd you end up doing?

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
my oakley sunglasses! Got them as a gift from my girl and i lost them within 2 weeks. left them on the edge of the truck bed. took em off cuz i was sweatin and they kept gettin sweat drops on the lens.....forgot about em and drove off,$160 down the drain.

blakerugg
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
my oakley sunglasses! Got them as a gift from my girl and i lost them within 2 weeks. left them on the edge of the truck bed. took em off cuz i was sweatin and they kept gettin sweat drops on the lens.....forgot about em and drove off,$160 down the drain.

ouch. right now my pair of oakleys is in my ex girlfriend's car.

Yarden Of Eden
04-27-2010, 09:10 PM
I just left my damn wallet in the Atlanta Airport! I live in Minneapolis!

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Cones... Mower keys Mowers but mostly cones
My buddy almost left a new Dixie on a sidewalk before..
(i was like is that one of our mowers hes like Oh S%^& I thought you got it!) We would have been sooo Dead!

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
04-27-2010, 11:52 PM

WHAT u gotta be kiddin me and u never heard from them again?

ajslands
04-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Lost a rake driving down the road, uhh lost some money once, (if you guys find a 20$ on the ground, it's mine) uhh I lose the remote almost every day,
Posted via Mobile Device

FastMan
04-28-2010, 12:48 AM

That's bad.

Hawg City Lawns
04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
i have a bad habbit of misplacing gloves

FastMan
04-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I seem to find more than i loose.

Found an Echo backback blower laying in the road. No way to know who lost it. I used it for years.

Order a $2000 video camera, COD. UPS guy dropped it off at my front door while I was out. Expected to hear from the seller. Waited, ,,waited,,, never did. Guess UPS ate it.

Ordered a $3000 dollar mac pro computer via the internet. UPS tracking said it was delivered, but I didn't have it. Called Apple, they said they'd look into it and get back to me. In the meantime I called UPS, found where they had delivered it, and went and collected it myself. Never heard back from Apple until another Mac Pro arrived at my door. Figured they would sort it out and discover their mistake. Waited,,, waited,,, they never did. Guess UPS ate it.

I really like UPS. :)

Hell on Blades
04-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Lost my sanity in my first yard LAST YEAR...

A girl I used to work with called to say that she needed help b/c she hadn't mowed the backyard in while. I got therre and the grass was OVER MY HEAD TALL. I took a metal bladed brushcutter to it, and told her I'd be back the next day after the hay was bailed.

I found a grille, three kids bikes, a portable basketball goal on it's side and several gas cans.

kbt7800
04-28-2010, 06:25 AM
I lost a wheelbarrow

Nelsen
04-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Lost the ignition key just yesterday on the highway! Musta flew right outbecause it was gone at the next stop.

Luckily the was a dealer five minutes down the road....and YES, i bought extras.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC.
04-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Funny post considering I finished a job yesterday, put my worktunes on the tongue box and made it all the way out to the highway. Rolling to the stop my trailer tire rolled over something that made a cracking noise, looked in the mirror to see the ear cup rolling across the intersection like . Crap! Those were the digital ones too. Good thing I at least had my I Pod in my pocket.Looks like Gemplers gets smore bussiness from me.

grassman177
04-28-2010, 07:39 AM
seems like my children(employees) cant remember to put things backa nd we lose my hand tools like pruners etc. pisses me off, one guy in particular is really bad, loses stuff all the time of his own.

ajslands
04-28-2010, 07:58 AM
I had a shovel get up and walk away on me once, I've also had things in my truck bed just magicly grow legs and walk away!
Posted via Mobile Device

rsp1961
04-28-2010, 10:04 AM
had a hedge trimmer (1 yo) and blower (brand new) walk off the back of my enclosed trailer last week. Have lost many trailer locks, hand tools, a cordless saw that was in my tool box, and many other things as such. Years ago when I was first getting into business, had my small utility trailer (5x8) and craftsman tractor mower (don't laugh, it's all I had at the time), drive out of my driveway by itself, never to return. It's all stuff, important to work with, but I can't stress over it. Still haven't lost my virginity yet though. :hammerhead:

ramcat
05-23-2010, 05:02 PM
This is interesting....i want to hear more:rolleyes:

M.A.Landscaping
05-23-2010, 05:30 PM
lost a couple gas cans on the highway, shovel and 3 trailer locks

bln
05-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm getting married so prabably will be losing my balls
Posted via Mobile Device

CrewKut
05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
bln, Congratulations. You won't lose them, your wife will carry them in her purse. :laugh:

Dan

Glenn Lawn Care
05-23-2010, 08:23 PM
how do you just lose a trimmer and dethatcher. they are fairly large object.
i have lost nothing except for an account or 2.

2brothersyardcare
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Still haven't lost my virginity yet though. :hammerhead:

wow that sucks man

rsp1961
05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
wow that sucks man

tell me about it, even my sons are starting to tease me about it. :rolleyes:

topsites
05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Probably the worst thing I ever lost was my travel folder with ALL of my customer
information, the schedule, parts suppliers and prices, with the exception of bank
account numbers and checks everything paperwork was in there.

It wasn't losing the information per se, the biggest problem was the compromise.
I still wonder, to this day, if someone didn't swipe it.
Of course knowing me, likely I lost it.

Oh, it sucked.

I'm pretty sure I've also lost a cellular over the years.

firebox700
05-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Lost my pocket knife the other week. Didn't realize it til the end of the day. Thought about it and remembered the last time I used it was to cut trimmer line at one of my accounts. The following week while I was mowing at that account I stopped the mower in the area I remembered using the knife and.....It was right where I left it! Glad I found it cause I've had that knife for quite a few years!!

ramcat
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
how do you just lose a trimmer and dethatcher. they are fairly large object.
i have lost nothing except for an account or 2.

The dethatcher was stored in a barn for the winter and when we went to pull it out.....no dethatcher to be found. The trimmer was just simply forgotten somewhere where we couldn't find it or likely it fell off of the trimmer rack when someone didn't secure it...i know its wierd to lose these things :hammerhead:

kludgemonkey
05-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Lost my $30 dollar gloves last week. :-( I really miss those gloves. I think I left them on the back of the truck.

STIHL GUY
05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
i lost almost a full bed full of grass out of the truck bed on the highway today

81Bronk36
05-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Grass Shark
05-24-2010, 11:52 PM
for about a whole month I would put my safety glasses on my bumper... dumbass finally learned. Then I was going to pick up my new truck at the dealer hours away from home and passed a dump truck on the side of the road, got out to look at it and I dropped my 3 week old palm phone. I never could find where that dump truck that my phone was on the ground next to was. Then I had a green can in the bed of the truck and it magically vaporized I dont know where or when, but is was gone. I am sure more will come.

blakerugg
05-25-2010, 06:57 AM
tell me about it, even my sons are starting to tease me about it. :rolleyes:
:laugh: :hammerhead:

i lost almost a full bed full of grass out of the truck bed on the highway today

i hope thats not a complaint lol