PDA

View Full Version : Stihl km or Redmax exz2401?

jhall2
04-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Looking to pick up one of these units soon....just wanted some opinions from you guys. I have a redmax edger that I love and my newest Stihl trimmer, I hate. I can get a trade in on my current stihl towards the km or I can just outright buy the redmax. Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Alan0354
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
If you don't like the Stihl, why go for more?

Stihl has more attachments, where Redmax has very few compare to other brands. I won't get RM in my opinion. I have the Shindaiwa M242. I like the short reach articulate hedge trimmer attachment that neither Stihl and Redmax or Echo has. But other than than that, Stihl does have the best attachments.

But be aware, cost will go way up fast if you start buying different attachments. I am not big on multi tool stuff, I only get mine because I got a free string trimmer attachment promotion right at the time my Honda trimmer was giving me grief.

jhall2
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, I like all the other Stihl stuff I have owned (chainsaws, other trimmers...) but this was has been nothing but problems. I was actually hoping someone would respond with another product to consider...I will check Shindiawa out this week. The main reason I wanted to get one that had attachments was actually to save money, so I wouldnt have to buy piece of equipment that I wanted separately. Thanks for you advice.