PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z HP Hydro Problem

pyro-1955
04-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Total Newbie here, I had to rebuild both Hydro pumps on my Lazer Z HP this year as they both went up, bearings. I flushed the entire system, cleaned everything and replaced all bearings, seals, and a few other parts in both pumps. I pre-filled the pumps with Mobile 1 15w-50 before putting the tops on to hopefully prevent problems. I have tried everything i can to get it bled, I can not get the wheels to build up any kind of speed or pressure. I have the machine on blocks, If I crack the High Pressure line fitting on the reverse line I can get the wheel motor to start turning, it builds a little speed, but will not build pressure and is not going full speed. As soon as I close the fitting, the wheel stops, It does the same thing on both sides, and it will not run both motors at once. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do or check??? This thing is killing me. Thanks in advance for any help.
Leo:hammerhead:

piston slapper
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Dont loosen a high pressure hose with the engine running, The fluid will cut you like a knife. Check some of the posts on hydrogear pumps on this site, and recheck your work.

pyro-1955
04-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I believe I found the problem last night, the replacement O-ring for the Charge Pump that came in my kit's are not big enough. When the top is put back on the pump, it rests directly on the top of the pump housing without having to tighten the bolts. The O-ring does not get pressed and therefore does not seal. The pumps on both sides are sucking air in at this point. I am looking for a larger diameter O-ring to put in place of the ones that came with the kit. That appears to be my issue