PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa LE260 fuel supply problem?

Radio Free Babylon
04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi:

Non-starting LE260. I'm not seeing any gas in the bulb when depressed. Replaced fuel filter. Lines appear OK. Any ideas? Thanks.

dutch1
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Check for a primer bulb with a crack in it. When you change the fuel filter did the intank fuel line appear to be so soft that it might collapse when fuel is sucked from the tank. You may want to check for a fuel line with a leak--it may be sucking air.

It's also possible that the fuel screen inside the carb is plugged not allowing fuel to pass or there could be a check valve in the primer bulb base that's defective.

Radio Free Babylon
04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, dutch1. I can hear it sucking air - their is a sound I'm not used to hearing that sounds like air. Bulb is fairly new. I'll check for fuel line leaks and the screen in the carb. Fuel line inside tank wasn't abnormally soft. Thanks for the help.

dutch1
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
The Shindiawas have a ferrule/bushing where the fuel line passes into the tank so you may want to check for an air leak on both sides of the tank ferrule. To check for an air leak there I usually pull the filter and line through the fill cap, clamp it off there then remove the same line from the carb and pressurize it to see if it holds pressure.