PDA

View Full Version : Aerating small areas/front mount aerator

P&C Lawn Care
04-28-2010, 06:00 PM
What does everyone use to aerate with for small areas. I have an island that is 12 x 120 and it is too smalll for a machine.

Also anyone have a front mount ZTR aerator like the JRCO Hooker? If so how do you like it and what kind of price are they? I can't find a local distributor for them. Thanks.

Robert Pruitt
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
what is on either side of the 12 in. area? i use my small Toro w/b plugger. don't know the exact width but it is five tine. on the bigger areras i have a Gator Rator front mount for the Z. it picks the front of the mower up using an electric actuator. i had to replace the actuator last year at a price of $500. the unit was $1250 new. i do a lot of plugging in the fall.

sharpcuts
04-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I would like to hear about the JRCO too. I have wondered about it. Would it tear up the lawn more than a regular plugger?

lone wolf
04-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I bought one a couple of years ago. I greats great. For small areas you are better off with a plug aerator. JRCO aerator is great for open areas. Another bonus is that you only need to go over the turf once, not 2 directions as with a plug aerator. I highly recomend getting one.