PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Lightfair?

The Lighting Geek
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm going on Wed May 12 for the day. Anyone else going?

If anyone has a ticket to get in I would be most grateful! :waving:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I won't be there this year Tommy, but I will be at the big lighting show in Guangzhou this June if you want to catch up with me there. Thumbs Up

Tickets to that event are free! (of course the trip, hotels, meals, etc will end up costing quite a bit, but it should be quite the experience)

David Gretzmier
04-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Love Vegas, but no trip for me. enjoy !

Terradek
04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Tommy,
I hope to see you there...I too will only be there on the 12th...most manuf. have complimentary passes...I got mine from Halco. Give your top manuf.or Dist. a call and ask for a pass, I am sure they will be happy to oblige.

Pro-Scapes
04-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Sorry Geek I wont be making it this year. Look for Mike tho he will be around.

Huge install that has a may 22nd deadline but I leave for vacation on the 19th so it has to be done before then.

steveparrott
04-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Dave, Bruce, Tony and myself will be at Light Fair this year. I hope to see many of you there.

Tommy, I doubt you'll find any free guest passes this year, the passes were all done online and expired last week.

Let There Be Light
05-06-2010, 01:54 PM
YES, I will be there setup in booth 771 with the CAO group. Please stop in to meet me and to see our exciting new BIPIN product along with our Single Contact Bayonet.

THX
Steve
Brilliance LED
www.brillianceled.com

The Lighting Geek
05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Well, there were a lot of people at Lightfair. I caught up some people I have not seen in a while and had an opportunity to spend some some time with Mike G. He is full of knowledge and a genuinely good guy. It amazes me what this guy has accomplished, he has got to be the hardest working person I know. I got to briefly meet Jan Moyer before her talk on LEDs in landscape lighting.

Lightfair was definitely LED CENTRAL. There were some of the familiar landscape lighting companies and only couple of people from here. I learned a lot of new things however and was very glad I went. It is fascinating to me to watch where the lighting industry as a whole is going and is especially interesting where landscape lighting is headed with regards to LED.

sprinklerchris
05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
I was a Lightfair Vegas newbie this year. Lots of LED. Impressive show overall. Some beautiful booths and new products.

steveparrott
05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Our CAST Lighting team had a terrific show at Light Fair. Our booth was nearly always buzzing with activity. I very much appreciated Tommy and Mike stopping by, as well as several other forum readers.

While the show's focus was heavily on LED's, there was still a healthy amount of scepticism among show-goers as to whether or not these new products will live up to their promises.

The good news is that the whole lighting industry (including LVLL) is on the upswing. Every mfg., dist, and designer I spoke with reports that sales are on a steady (and in some cases - steep) rise.