PDA

View Full Version : New Exmark commercial metro 21?

bucky5
04-29-2010, 11:04 AM
I did a search on the new exmark commercial 21 and did not find much information. Wondering if I could get some input from those of you that actually have one and have used it. I looked it over at the dealer and really looks nice but would like to hear some real world experiences. Thank you

Please identify what model you have experience with as there are a multitude of different metro 21's now.

old timer
04-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I was trying to buy one with the kai engine with bbc I had looked at one with the zone start at the dealer. While demoing it in the parking lot the belt can off twice, so I wanted the one with the bbc to take out for a demo in the field. The distributor was setting it up but then he starting stalling me on when it would be shipped top the dealer, after about 2 weeks I told him I needed to demo or I was going to buy a honda hcr. He told me to buy the honda that the exmark had belt problems and exmark was redesigning a belt guide and that they had stopped production. Make sure you demo it first because if the distributor told me to walk away then it must be a problem. I do own exmark rider and like it so I was disappointed.

bucky5
05-02-2010, 11:25 AM
No one has experience with these mowers yet?

GLlawncare
05-02-2010, 01:52 PM
They look nice, how much is the price? I like that they are pretty basic mowers, nothing too fancy.

BROWNDOG10
05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I bought the new commercial 21 as soon as it came out, the rep is right the thing does have problems, they claim it to be good as a mulcher, it is not and is horrible wouldnt even compare to most 300 dollar machines you would by and doesnt hold a candle to my honda hrr216. My dealer was little help so i called exmark and they told me the grass was probably weeter than usual, which is funny because we are 6inches behind on average rainfall. Avoid at all cost. Unit is the full featured model with KAI engine.

BROWNDOG10
05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I paid 950.

BROWNDOG10
05-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Not to bad when used with the bagger, and not willing o pay $100 dollars for the discharge chute. Funny thing is people have tried to buy units since i purchased mine and they cannot get them, evidently there is a problem.

bucky5
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
$950 seems to be a good price. I was quoted $1,100 with the $100 rebate. I too am not willing to spend $100 on a discharge chute. I was wanting to hear good reviews.

orlawncaresvc
05-03-2010, 01:06 AM
My guys and I are very disapointed to hear that there are problems with this machine. We were so looking forward to buy two of them. Back in Febuary we asked our dealer when it would be avaliable and I was told to check back with them in the beging of April to the mid of April. We will probably go ahead and get a new Honda commercial HRC 216
Posted via Mobile Device

K-OS
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Can someone give me feedback on the new HRC mowers from Honda?

Exmark is taking too long, customers are complaining.

old timer
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
K OS
I just bought a new Honda hcr216 I decided to buy one with out the hyrostatic trans, just the plain old push mower. Very happy so far it mulches very well and bags extremely well. The only thing that I do not like is the zone start. I decided on buying the cheaper version since I don't use a 21 inch very much, I have 3 commercial mowers (scag wildcat 52, scag z cat 36 and exmark navigator 48) and don't use the push mower often but wanted a commercial one. I really wanted the exmark but when I demoed the exmark the belt came off twice at the store that convinced me to look at my second choice. The exmark distributor told me that they had stopped production and that it was going to be a while,I told him that I was looking at the Honda and he said I needed to by a Honda and I did.

K-OS
05-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey Old Timer.

Thanks for the reply. I like your dealer, he's honest! Mine kept telling me "it's coming in this week" that's 3 weeks ago. So I'm a little p'd off because some of my yards are VERY long and I don't have a replacement 21".

I'm going to check out the HRC with Hydro tranny and BBC today.

Dan

Merkava_4
05-05-2010, 09:22 AM
I did a search on the new exmark commercial 21 and did not find much information.

If you search again, you'll find comments about the belt coming off the pulley
real easy and the chute to the deck getting clogged up with clippings in wet grass.

old timer
05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Old Timer.

Thanks for the reply. I like your dealer, he's honest! Mine kept telling me "it's coming in this week" that's 3 weeks ago. So I'm a little p'd off because some of my yards are VERY long and I don't have a replacement 21".

I'm going to check out the HRC with Hydro tranny and BBC today.

Dan

Dan, I really want the exmark it looks like the old silver john deere machine that I bought back in 1996 and kept it until last year when it lost compression. I am very happy so far with the honda, I wanted the one with the Hydro and BBC but elected to get the plain jane since I don't use it very often. I will use the left over money on a Magna Matic blade sharpner. I hope if you get the Honda you will like it as well as I do.