PDA

View Full Version : Unprofessional????

unkownfl
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I was curious if I should ask a client if I could take a picture of his home to host on my web page. Now this is not an ordinary home its a 3.5 million dollar home on 5.5 acres here in town. I was thinking if he started to think about it I could offer to knock a decent chunk off his mowing bill for a cut. What do you guys think?

Fresh-popcorn
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
If I was a homeowner of a 3.5 Million dollar house and a LC came to my door and asked if he could use my home/yard for pic on his website I would be flattered and would say yes.

people take pride in their homes and showing it off is one of the perks.
Now if I was rich enough to own that kind of home a discount wouldn't even cross my mind.

That's just me though.

Yater
04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Now if I was rich enough to own that kind of home a discount wouldn't even cross my mind.

That's just me though.

MC hammer and Mike Tyson are broke. Both were worth over $300,000,000 dollars in the 90s. "Rich people" have to think, too.

unkownfl
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Well I asked and got a yes with no issues. He even offered to send me professional pictures as his brother is a photographer.

Jhill19
04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Well I asked and got a yes with no issues. He even offered to send me professional pictures as his brother is a photographer.

That's even better man, those nice HIgh Res camera make a big difference.

unkownfl
04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
That's even better man, those nice HIgh Res camera make a big difference.

I have a nice DSLR cannon already but I just don't have the eye like a professional.

Fresh-popcorn
04-29-2010, 05:01 PM
MC hammer and Mike Tyson are broke. Both were worth over $300,000,000 dollars in the 90s. "Rich people" have to think, too.

True but being stupid with your money and being a tight wad is a different issue. :dancing:

rain man
04-29-2010, 07:44 PM
High resolution takes a long time to load on a web page. We change ours into a lower resolution before putting it on the web.

On the permission thing. Don't know whats right but we take the photo to paint, get rid of the address if needed, and on the bottom of the page make the statement that no personal identifiable information is used.

Cboy7
04-29-2010, 07:49 PM

real nice going!

fiveoboy01
04-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I've always asked, and I've never been turned down. I used one guy's for a color ad in a phonebook and he was flattered. I'd think most people would be. I don't think customers care but I'd always ask permission.

clean_cut
04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad he said yes, tell us when it's on your webpage. Sounds like a postcard opportunity also.