PDA

View Full Version : looking for a sulky/velky

GTO Pro Landscaping
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Im looking for a 2 wheel sulky/velky... does anybody have any for sale put some pics up thanks... or where could i find one at an affordable price?

unkownfl
04-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Im looking for a 2 wheel sulky/velky... does anybody have any for sale put some pics up thanks... or where could i find one at an affordable price?

Try ebay I don't know what you would consider an affordable price but there not cheap in some peoples opinion; however, to me they are worth far more then what you pay for one.

BigGreen1
04-29-2010, 06:05 PM
GTOPro,

I purchased a Havener sulky. It was one of their scratch and dent ones. It was their swivel wheel sulky. I did it because I was tired of walking all of my yards. I got the swivel because I can back up without getting off. The only problem is on the turn the sulky tracks different than the mower wheels leaving an odd stripe. I would like to try a regular two wheeled sulky sometime. Velke x2 or Jungle Wheels are two different brands that I would consider. I have had a Proslide that I liked alot. If you are mowing hills and are north of 220lbs. I would not recommend that.

Tim

Fresh-popcorn
04-29-2010, 06:11 PM
I've bought mine from j-thomas 8 years ago and love it.
wow have prices gone up, When I bought mine it was $150 back then without the zero flat. Even though I have not had any issues with flats I wish I would of bought the zero flat ones for a bit more.

http://j-thomas.com/catalog/2010/214_arrow_express_sulky.php

GTO Pro Landscaping
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Big Green-
I have a goslide but im really not liking it because I think the wear plate is not going to last very long. Thats why im looking for a differnt type. I did see a havener sulky but I dont think its the swivel but I'm not sure how long to get the arm they have I think 18" and 15" and it's a decent price what do you think?

topsites
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Two wheelers fishtail constantly at all but the slowest speeds, I find it irritating.
All I've ever had is 1 wheelers, a short time on a 2 wheeler convinced me.

What's the problem with that extra stripe anyhow, never had a customer go
"omg omg DUDE why did you put an EXTRA stripe in there Oh noooo!"

With the 2 wheeler wouldn't you get TWO extras?

unkownfl
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
The two wheeler matches the tires on the mower. I don't have any issues with the two wheelers fish tailing and I mow in 5th or 3/4 on the hydros. Issues with the one wheel is the rut. Issues with the two is that it tracks slightly further than a 36 mower on turns.

clean_cut
04-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Two wheelers fishtail constantly at all but the slowest speeds, I find it irritating.
All I've ever had is 1 wheelers, a short time on a 2 wheeler convinced me.

What's the problem with that extra stripe anyhow, never had a customer go
"omg omg DUDE why did you put an EXTRA stripe in there Oh noooo!"

With the 2 wheeler wouldn't you get TWO extras?

Yeah, most customers don't even know how those "lines" get there, the two wheeled sulky is suppose to follow the tracks of the mower if I am correct.

I personally have a 1 wheeled velke brand sulky and like it pretty well, the only problems I find are that it can't be used on hills, gets you greasy if you take it off, and it is hard backing up.

I'm not sure what to buy, but you do have some options....

two wheeled, 1 wheeled, two wheeled (swivel wheels), proslide (looks pretty cool, but not for pavement)

I would try looking used too on craigslist or ebay. A lot of used walk behinds come with sulkies, so maybe you could try to get the seller to separate them.