PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Navigator FRS--Does it Work!

npalen
04-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Wondering if anyone has experience with this system in the mulching mode that you would share. This is the FRS (Fill Reduction System) that uses adjustable baffles to partially block off flow to the blower inlet in order to mulch some of the clippings and send the rest to the hopper.
Any idea what percentage of the clippings is actually mulched? Plugging issues? Can an older non-adjustable deck be retrofitted?
Thanks for any help.

npalen
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
bump bump bump

lbmd1
05-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Funny you should ask. Just this week we experimented with the baffle adjustment and found both good and bad results. First lawn had a front section of about 12,000 sq ft of nice dry green grass. We took off about 3 inches and the hopper instead of emptying twice, had only about 3\4 of one hopper full with the same beautiful appearance of full bagging. I was sold! But then friday I adjusted our second navigator to the 70\30 position and took off about 3-4" of dense green slightly damp grass and after about 8 passes on a 5000 sq ft lawn section it clogged. So I guess the condition of the lawn especially wet or moist would make a difference. I used it again yesterday on my own 15,000 sq ft lawn and it filled only 1\2 of a barrel with perfect results. Hope that helped you.

Mike

npalen
05-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Your feedback is appreciated, Mike. I'm trying to decide between Walker and Navigator and like the concept of fill reduction as a means to put some of the nutrients back into the lawn. I'm assuming that it plugged in between the baffles?
Thanks
Nelson

flatlander42
06-13-2010, 01:03 AM
bumpity bump bump!!! I think I will try and make my own FRS..:D

DLAWNS
06-13-2010, 01:24 AM
I had pretty much the same results as lbmd1. It's a cool feature to have. I've been told by my dealer it is 75%/25%.