PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Striper Idea HELPPPP!!!

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok so right now my rider doesnt have any striper but it cuts really nice but i hate that it doesnt stripe real well....So my idea is to bolt a strip of landscape edging on it like the one where it goes straight down then it looks like a pipe on top of it.... (So really it will look just like the stripers/rock blockers on little 22'' WB Mowers)

But im not sure if i should (SOME HOW) add weight to the strip of edging or not any suggestions

here's the best pic. i could find:
http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2004/03/25/sgn211_2c_new_lg.jpg

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
that will wear out in no time...... get nylon reinforced rubber...... or horse stall mats from Tractor Supply

rtharris
04-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I used a piece of conveyor belt to make my striper it works great and idoubt it will ever wear out be careful when bolting to deck for blade clearance issues
Posted via Mobile Device

fiveoboy01
04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Semi truck mudflap, the thick rubber one. I've used rollers and chains and the truck mudflap works the best with the least amount of hassle. It also flexes freely enough that you won't tear turf or get it caught/damaged on anything. Just set it up so it just barely touches the concrete.

topsites
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah, only thing landscape edging is good for is a cheap front air dam for cars / trucks.

MileHigh
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
you need a roller or some chains.