PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide between exmark 36 Belt ECS or Pistol

frotis
04-30-2010, 11:00 AM
On the eXmark I know ECS is prefered for the hydro, but on a belt drive sometimes you have to muscle the machine around and Im not sure how easy this is with the angle of the ECS controls. This mower would not be used full time, it would be for a few gates yards.

FastMan
04-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I have ECS on my current belt drive. It took me some time to get used to it. As you say, sometimes it's useful to muscle the machine around, and I found the ECS controls made that tougher. Floating the deck is a tougher task too. Eventually I got a system for doing those things.

frotis
04-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I have ECS on my current belt drive. It took me some time to get used to it. As you say, sometimes it's useful to muscle the machine around, and I found the ECS controls made that tougher. Floating the deck is a tougher task too. Eventually I got a system for doing those things.

Is it a 36 or 48?

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
My first W/B was a pistol grip. Replaced it the next year, even though it was in perfect condition. Just wasn't worth the physical effort required to operate it.

frotis
04-30-2010, 03:45 PM
My first W/B was a pistol grip. Replaced it the next year, even though it was in perfect condition. Just wasn't worth the physical effort required to operate it.

You replaced it with a ECS belt or ECS hydro?

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-30-2010, 03:55 PM
You replaced it with a ECS belt or ECS hydro?

Nope, sorry. I went with a T-Bar at the time. I was just commenting on how regrettable my decision was to purchase a pistol-grip.

FastMan
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Is it a 36 or 48?

36. My favorite has been Toro's T-bar. One hand operation, use the other hand to float it, horse it, swat bugs, pick your nose, scratch your balls, whatever you want.

1984buzzard
05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I have owned all three: t-bar, PG & ECS
on 36 inch mowers I like the t-bar, but not with a sulky
PG and ECS mowers seem to be better if you use a sulky, but to answer your question, I like the ecs more than PG because when you turn away from a fence, ect with PG controls the handles can hit the fence if your not paying attention. also riding a sulky with PG controls made me hunch over to reach controls
On 44''+ mowers, T-bar with tru trak sulkyis my fav

MileHigh
05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Ecs!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor8
05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
if you don't get the ECS your a ratard

1984buzzard
05-02-2010, 12:09 AM

I am trying to sell my exmark ecs does that make me a ****** too:hammerhead:

frotis
05-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I just tested out a ESC today and loved it, it felt so natural.

sharpcuts
05-02-2010, 01:22 AM
love mine. sure wouldn't trade it for a pistol grip.

BrunoT
05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Used ECS HYDRO, or

Toro T bar if your budget is that tight. Either is massively easier to operate. If you're talking fixed deck machines then the toro is virtually the same deck as the exmark.

BrunoT
05-02-2010, 11:14 AM

pugs
05-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont have experience running them day in/out but I do have experience muscling non running ones around the shop and the ECS is by far the worst for that. A bar across the back would really help in that department...something to push down on. There really is nothing to push down on in the back to pop the front end up...and your hands are at the wrong angle to do it on the controls.

The T-Bar is not great but they put a bar back there that helps a ton.

Pistol is definitely easiest for muscling around.

ECS is definitely more comfortable than pistol for long hours of use. But if you are dealing with lots of curbs all day I would think twice.

MileHigh
05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I have both a pistol grip ex, and a two ecs exmarks...

I despise the pistol gripper.

Agreeing with the ****** statement.