PDA

View Full Version : BEST commercial riding MOWER?

jose85
04-30-2010, 11:08 AM
now i need to buy a riding a mower, and i been looking at all of them that being said it has to be 34 to 36 inchs ride on, and i have been impressed by the dixie chopper 34 inchs with 27 hp, its on sale for 6250 right now, i been looking at all of them brands and i just dont see why i shouldnt it buy it, any imput on why not , and the reason on the size (34 to 36) in is so i can get into the back yard and mow some lots

jkingrph
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Best!!! Different folks have different opinions!

I have a Scag 52" wildcat with 26hp LC Kawasaki engine. Scag was best for me, because of dealer and price at the time.

I wonder why you would need 27 hp on a 34" when something in the 14-16 hp range would probably be plenty. The 26hp on my 52" will walk right through anything and now slow down a bit.

jose85
04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
cause the houses i mow are every two weeks , vacant houses , goverment own and the grass gets crazy ,

Best!!! Different folks have different opinions!

I have a Scag 52" wildcat with 26hp LC Kawasaki engine. Scag was best for me, because of dealer and price at the time.

I wonder why you would need 27 hp on a 34" when something in the 14-16 hp range would probably be plenty. The 26hp on my 52" will walk right through anything and now slow down a bit.

jose85
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
anyone else does anyone have a dixie chopper and you do why do you like and if you had one why didnt you like it

markahurley
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
everyone has their opinions. i think the key is to pick one of the big name brands that has good dealer support that is nearby. that's the most important. you don't want to be driving hours to the dealer for parts, or waiting forever at a shop that has lousy customer service or slow turn around. time is money. too many get so enamored with a specific brand they make a hasty decision and regret it later.

Lbilawncare
04-30-2010, 10:45 PM
The 34" DC is a good machine. The problem with small deck riding mowers is the stability on hills and lack of trim side of the deck. That machine will cut anything, the overlapping deck and the powerful engine will be helpful on your every other week properties.

jkingrph
05-01-2010, 09:17 AM
cause the houses i mow are every two weeks , vacant houses , goverment own and the grass gets crazy ,

I do not mow commercially and was not trying to be smart. I have gone off on vacation and returned after 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, and lots of rain, grass & weeds almost up to my knees, and like I said 26hp on a 52 just plows right on through it. Thats why I was wondering why so much hp is needed on a 34"!!!

Richard Martin
05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
You may want to look at the extra heavy duty riding mowers. You don't need a lot of speed, you're looking for brute cutting power. The Simplicity Regent is one bad mower. If I didn't need the speed that my Dixie has I would consider a Simplicity. 23 horse on a 38" deck. Plus you can put a ton of attachments on them. Cub Cadet and John Deere also have high end mowers like these. Not everybody needs a ZTR.

WREBELMACHINE
05-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Have used and still run some Dixie mower. Question do you mow any hills? If so run from that dixie or any other small ztr 36" stand on mowers. Get a walk behind. As far as dixie is concerned they are not the product they were a few years ago.

jose85
05-01-2010, 02:24 PM
no hills all flat, and what do you mean , are they better or ?

GLlawncare
05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a Gravely that is 36" and I like it!!!