PDA

View Full Version : Walker or Navigator users

1984buzzard
04-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Question for guys that use Walker or navigator mowers: How do you get clippings on your truck or trailer? Back on to trailer, dump on tarp and load, or what. How is your truck or trailer set up to do this?

CircleC
04-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Thats an easy one....tarp on your trailer....back onto your trailer.....dump onto your tarp and drive away happy with a smile on your face.

Now when you go to the dump.....drag tarp off the trailer.....2 minutes.

I try to never keep clippings on my truck. Get a big enough trailer to handle it all.

gene gls
04-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Question for guys that use Walker or navigator mowers: How do you get clippings on your truck or trailer? Back on to trailer, dump on tarp and load, or what. How is your truck or trailer set up to do this?

I used a manure fork and just forked them up onto the dump. Its not as hard as it sounds once you get the "feel" for the job.

johnnyusa
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Use canvas bags lift onto truck no problem I can fit 8 on truck and thats about 11 houses . If interested send me a pm and ill look # up for you. they are great.

Yarden Of Eden
04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
go to this address for the ultimate easiest and best way to get it in your truck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq-bumS030

yardguy28
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
i know walker offers models with a lift system that lifts the "hopper" so you can dump it in your truck. or they sell canvas bags like what was suggested.

i personally don't use a walker or navigator but if i did i would probably go the canvas bag route. walkers and navigators are expensive enough without the lift system on it.

i use my truck to haul everything, brush debris, grass, mulch, etc. even when i had an open trailer i still dumped everything in the truck. i have a truck unloader. unroll the tarp, dump debris in truck bed, go to dump and crank her out........lol

gene gls
04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
go to this address for the ultimate easiest and best way to get it in your truck! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq-bumS030

I had one of these units. Removed it after only 3 days of use. If you mow all flat lawns then it will work fine, but if you mow any hills the extra higth of the high lift frame throws off the traction, raises the center of gravity.

ramcat
05-01-2010, 08:59 AM
i remember getting a flyer for a self loading dump bed on a truck.....you backed up to the side of the truck and dumped into a bin and it lifted the load up into the dump box for you....i'll see if i can find it

1984buzzard
05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Thats an easy one....tarp on your trailer....back onto your trailer.....dump onto your tarp and drive away happy with a smile on your face.

Now when you go to the dump.....drag tarp off the trailer.....2 minutes.

I try to never keep clippings on my truck. Get a big enough trailer to handle it all.

I was thinking about buying a cargo trailer, so i am more intrested in loading in the bed, but now have a trailer with 2 foot side walls.

Thanks for everyones input:)

mds2000
05-01-2010, 10:29 PM
i got a walker about 2 weeks ago and got the dump bins they did not work with the new hopper design broght them back and picked up a canvas dump bag and liking it and want to get another one. if you are bye your self dont fill the bag up fully its freakin hard to get it into the back of a truck with out blowing a nut and im a big guy

Jason Rose
05-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Dump bins in the hopper (of the walker) for me. I hate them, but have no other choice.

I too had a high-dump hopper on a new walker and returned it and exchanged the tractor for one without the high-dump. The traction issues were just to much to deal with. Even on flat ground it was very difficult to even turn 180 degrees and start going forward again without the drive tires wanting to just spin. Walker, or someone, needs to do a lot more engineering to make a machine that operates correctly AND has the high-dump feature. Would have to be a totally new machine, not just add the attachment to a current model. The high-dump also dosn't lift high enough to dump into dump bed trucks with normal 2' sides, and also once you have some grass in the bed the next load you try to dump into the bed has nowhere to go.

I would have loved for the high-dump to have worked, my arms and shoulders would certianly be thankful. I have to laugh at you guys that can mow 11 lawns and dump 8 times... I'd not be complaining if that were the case here! I am dumping 2 to 4 times, PER LAWN right now with the walkers. Commercial property this morning, 20,000 sq ft, to cut up and undulating to use a different mower, dumped 7 times, packed full. Overfertilized? nope. Only 3/4 lb. of N on my properties this spring. Just how the grass grows in out part of kansas!

Unless you have 2 men to lift and dump, tarps or big bags just aren't feasable. A full load of damp, green, and well packed grass can weigh around 150+ pounds. It's one thing to lift that kind of weight on a barbell, something totally different when you are trying to wrangle a tarp or bag. I've done it, and don't ever want to try it again. Really quick way to injure yourself.

flatlander42
05-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I got a Rubermaid tub from wally-world. It fits about half of my Navigators hopper in it, and I just muscle it into my pickup. My shoulders and upper body have felt like I have been at the gym each night. I fill my 6' pickup box to the BRIM daily.....and that is stomped down tighter than a gnat's arse. I tried a tarp one time......full box of nice green grass is waaaay to much at once.

lbmd1
05-02-2010, 08:22 AM
We use the large green landscape barrels and put them right under the lip of the hopper door on our Navigators. Lift the door and pull out the grass then dump the green barrel right into the truck. No problem and weight isn't much of an issue. One green barrel basically equals a full hopper.