PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Self Propelled / Adjusting drive gear

hhp_211
04-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi I recently purchased a used Cub Cadet Self Propelled 12AE18M3056 [2008] 6.75 HP 173CC OHV
seems to be the same as the 2010 CC550ES.

I think I may need to adjust how the drive system releases?

I notice when I release the lever to stop and turn around or to pull back, ... most of the time the rear wheels are making the "pop pop" or "clack clack" noise...
but I have noticed occasionally if I release the lever an roll forward a little bit sometimes it is OK.

Any thoughts?

Lawn N Order
04-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I've worked on some Toro self propell mowers that have the same problem. There is a little roller pin in the axle assembly that sometimes catches. Its what catches on the gear to make the whole system work. Sometimes you can take them apart and grease them up and it will release quicker. Sometimes you just have to push it forward alittle to make it release. I dont know how cub cadet is set up, I am just speaking from experence from Toro stuff. Alot of the companies use a similar system. Some of those systems are anti-grease. They dont have dust covers and if you grease it, it will suck up dust and grass and everything else and make it worse. I would call a dealer and ask.

hhp_211
05-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I've worked on some Toro self propell mowers that have the same problem. There is a little roller pin in the axle assembly that sometimes catches. Its what catches on the gear to make the whole system work. Sometimes you can take them apart and grease them up and it will release quicker. Sometimes you just have to push it forward alittle to make it release. I dont know how cub cadet is set up, I am just speaking from experence from Toro stuff. Alot of the companies use a similar system. Some of those systems are anti-grease. They dont have dust covers and if you grease it, it will suck up dust and grass and everything else and make it worse. I would call a dealer and ask.

Awesome... I will check this out... sounds like a great place to start :clapping: