PDA

View Full Version : JRCO Leaf plow

M.A.Landscaping
04-30-2010, 07:20 PM
i was thinking about buying a JRCO leaf plow for my walk behind for fall, i was wondering if anyone has one or has used one and how good are they??

Thanks,

Marc

kabota
04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi Marc.
This is your lucky day. I have seen the JRCO leaf plow in action, and it does what it is
designed for . And gets the job done quickly if you have to move a large volume of leaves. So I bought one last year. But before I even got to use it, my son let me use
his Cyclone Rake from Woodland Power Products. And my JRCO leaf plow never got used. I also bought the JRCO Electric Broadcast Spreader at the same time that I got the leaf plow. I have decided to cut back on my working hrs. ( just turned 76 ) So I have
put both JRCO leaf plow ( NEW ) and the Elec. Broadcast Spreader ( used 1 season about 30 Hrs. ) up for sale on consignment at my Kubota dealer in NH.
Reply for more detailed information. I paid $ 1,700.00 for both , and a reasonable
offer would be considered.
bobby j from NH

kabota
04-30-2010, 09:27 PM
i was thinking about buying a JRCO leaf plow for my walk behind for fall, i was wondering if anyone has one or has used one and how good are they??

Thanks,

Marc

Hi Marc
Im new at this so just check todays post. And you will see my info on a JRCO leaf plow etc. for sale.
bobby j
PS: Its Ironic but I was born in BERLIN NH

M.A.Landscaping
05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
thanks kabota for the info, how much would you be willing to sell just the leaf plow? i talked to a fellow CT landscaper today about one and he said that they were great if you have to move alot of leaves fast so i am definitely going buy one and would be willing to drive to NH if the price was reasonable.

Thanks, Marc

hackitdown
05-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I have the jrco plow. Well worth the cost. As soon as the leaf piles get too large for the blowers to move quickly, we fire up the plow. It just pushes the pile along with no problem. Most of my cleanups get dumped on site, so I just plow the leaves into the woods.

M.A.Landscaping
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
does it leave a mess behind or is it a pretty clean operation?

cuttin-to-the-Max
05-01-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah it leaves a lil bit of a mess but MOST of the leaves will be where you push them to....

What we do is make a line of leaves or a pile then lower our JD Quicktrak's Deck and just push them like that....It does the same thing a leaf plow does...
Only difference is the leaf plow Blocks the leaves from getting in between the deck and pulley systems

All we do is just every once and a while blowout all the leaves from under it deck
Save your money

hackitdown
05-01-2010, 06:37 PM

It does not plow a clean path. Many leaves are still left. But a backpack following does the trick. Believe me, it is very good, very fast, worth the cash.

kabota
05-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Hello again Marc.
I see from your Equipment list that you have a JRCO De-Thatcher. So that way you could
attach My NEW JRCO Model # 480 Leaf Rake to your Existing Mount Bar.
Otherwise you would have to get a Mount Bar from JRCO, because I am keeping mine
whenever I will be using my JRCO 470 HD Tine Rake in the future.
I paid $ 439.00 for my Leaf Rake and picked it from the Dealer all set and ready to use. It is in prestine
and new condition. And it can be yours for $ 300.00 Cash if You P/U in Keene NH
OR I can bring it down 1/2 way say Hartford area on 91 for $ 350.00 Cash
Hopefully I have given you enough info to help you make a decision.
If so let me know and we can finalize the transaction details.
Good Luck
bobby j

M.A.Landscaping
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
hey bobby j, i am interested in buying the leaf plow weather i have to buy a new mount bar or not. i have the older style mounting bar and i don't know what style you have but if i have to buy a new mount, so be it. it would be great if we met half way because i have an older truck and it is horrible on the highway. if you could give me a week or so because i am really busy i have to time this week and if we could swap numbers and talk more about it it would be great.

Thanks alot booby j

Marc

kabota
05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Good Morning Marc
Thanks for your interest in the JRCO Leaf Rake.I will wait to hear from you and then we can finalize details. In the meantime you might reconsider getting my JRCO Model 503
Frt. Mount Elec. Spreader for future use OR maybe your landscape contacts in your area
might have need for a Spreader. ( It sure beats walking )
The reason I am bringing this up, is because you mentioned your older truck's challenge
over the highway. So now I am thinking that maybe I could help you in that respect, and
offer you a package deal and DELIVER BOTH at your home twenty for $ 900.00 Cash
Thats about 1/2 of the Purchase price of the Leaf Plow ( NEW ) & Elec. Spreader Delivered to your door. (Electric Spreader W/ HD Motor only used about 15 Hrs. )
I am 76 years young and starting to downsize my work load. And the road trip would
be a breeze for my 2008 Tundra. Just toss this idea a round.
Talk to you later Marc
bobby j

M.A.Landscaping
05-02-2010, 07:50 PM
thanks for the offer bobby j, but in CT i have to have a fertilization license and i dont have it yet so in just interested in the leaf plow

Marc

STIHL GUY
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
marc let me know when your going ill take the ride with you if you want

M.A.Landscaping
05-02-2010, 10:56 PM
will do, but i have to get an alignment before i go lol my truck is horrible

STIHL GUY
05-02-2010, 11:12 PM
that blows. lol

M.A.Landscaping
05-02-2010, 11:17 PM
yea the front end on my truck needs alot of work but i think it will make the trip, just be a pig on gas

kabota
05-03-2010, 07:25 AM
OK Marc
Just let me know when and how you want to get the Leaf Plow. Probably have to describe delivery location by phone.
Talk to you later
bobby j

M.A.Landscaping
05-03-2010, 09:24 AM
alright ill get back to you towards the end of the week.

Marc

kabota
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
oops I forgot.
My Tel. # is 603-352-3756

appalachianoutdoors
02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
did you sell your jrco leaf plow and electric spreader? Am looking to purchase both of these items. :usflag:

jetta
02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
beware of the jrco spreader, the brackets on mine were not strong enough to hold the weight of thr fert

appalachianoutdoors
02-06-2012, 10:16 AM
beware of the jrco spreader, the brackets on mine were not strong enough to hold the weight of thr fert

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted via Mobile Device