PDA

View Full Version : New Snapper 21 mower

P&C Lawn Care
04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Bought a Snapper P2160KWV Self-Propelled Mower for an experiment. Needed a side discharge 21" mower. Got this for $699. The commercial one was $899. This is a residential model but I think the only difference between the commercial model and this is steel wheels. This model has plastic wheels, if they break I will replace them with the steel ones. Has a steeel deck. Came with Ninja mulching blade, mulching plug, side discharge cover, discharge chute and bag. I do like the Kaw FJ180V motor. Anyone had one of these mowers?

mtc2010
04-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Funny, I just took a couple pics of one while pressure washing a clients shed today. :) Had to move it out of the shed, it's very heavy!

SouthSide Cutter
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I got one and dont like it. The handle is to wide catches on chainlink fence and house. Speed knob got tore off going under some bushes and limbs always runs it back to min speed. Does not mow thick grass very well. When mowing around curbs the hub caps on the wheels rub bad because of the arch in them. And I hate the rear wheel drive. Its only 5 weeks old and nobody wants to run it. Wish I could have demo one before buying.

rain man
04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Bagger fills up very quickly. Get the side discharge add-on asap.

Merkava_4
05-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Needed a side discharge 21" mower.

That's a shame man ... you could've got any mower for side discharging.
Where that mower shines is its excellent suction for bagging. What a waste. :(

ed2hess
05-01-2010, 10:21 PM
We run a lot of snappers in the past and have two of the ones with Kaw....don't like it. The biggest problem is the recoil just won't work with heavy use. We had to turn the recoil so the rope come straight out towards the back and eliminated use of the roller on the chute to get it to work. And we have sheared the shear pin on both of them and that never happened on the old Robins engine and I know we hite lot of stuff because we bend shaft on them. I will go to the Honda engine next time if there is a next time for snapper. I don't like the wide handles and especially hate that lever for engaging the drive....too long. These units are simply getting tooooo heavy, it is worse that the steel deck Honda machines. I just tore down an old Robins engine and rebuilt it and put it back in service. I am going to gather up as many of those old 2 stroke engines I can find at local shop to tide me over.

lawnboy dan
05-02-2010, 10:55 AM
me too ed- i am reconditioning as many of my robin snappers as i can . the kawi just isnt in the same league

lawnboy dan
05-02-2010, 10:57 AM
for side shooting the snapper is prob the best on the comm market. but its real forte is bagging/mulching leaves

93Chevy
05-02-2010, 11:20 AM
If you want a mower to side discharge, don't buy a snapper. They're one of the best, hands down, for bagging and mulching. I love everything about mine though...can't say I have any complaints as far as performance and durability. It was my only mower for two years, and i couldn't be happier.

P&C Lawn Care
05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I've actually only been mulching with it and it does a great job. Much faster than the Honda's.

Merkava_4
05-06-2010, 04:49 AM
You're using a Hi-Vac Snapper to mulch with? That's sad, what a waste of a fantastic bagging mower. :(

lawnboy dan
05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
not so they make fantastic mulchers and the best side shooter i have used. very versatile mower. they just suck at cutting grass