PDA

View Full Version : Walkie Talkie Ear Muffs

whosedog
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone have them or use them?I searched the forums and came up with nothing.If they make them I would buy a few sets;I think they would really come in handy when I have to give instructions to the guys I'm working with while landscaping. Without them I have to chase down the guys to get their attention because the equipment is too noisy to hear over.They would be a real time saver and time is money.

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-30-2010, 08:48 PM
I considered it. I would have to get pilot-style ones for sound reasons. Crazy expensive. Multi-hundreds of dollars per unit.

whosedog
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM
I really think that if a manufacturer would mass produce these at a descent price,there would be a market for them,I mean you can get reasonably priced walkie talkies;why can't they incorporate them into a set of head phones? I get tired of chasing after my guy to get his attention. I mean I'm glad he's focused on the job,but between the noise of the equipment and the sunglasses he's wearing,I almost have to throw rocks at him to give him new instructions.jk

mowerbrad
04-30-2010, 10:58 PM
You would think that these would be rather inexpensive to make and that someone would offer something like this. And when you think about it, you can buy a pair of 10 mile walkie-talkies for like $25 at walmart. Now just incorporate that same technology into the $20 pair of head phones.

whosedog
05-01-2010, 10:28 AM
They have the technology to make them ,I guess nobody thinks that there is a market for them.I could see how they would be useful in a variety of noisy occupations(factories,construction crews etc.)In the meantime I think I'll buy a coaches whistle to get my guys attention.