PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Ransomes walk behind

RansomesXM
04-30-2010, 08:59 PM
New to this site and hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. machine is a Ransomes Model #XM4831 walk behind and it has a peerless tranny on it. This mower is mostly used here on the farm and it is all "flat" grounds.
late last year the mower seemed to be having some tranny issues. i could shift in and out o gear alright but at times when mowing up a slight incline and i mean slight the tranny wouldnt make the mower go. i would have to push and soon thereafter the mower would go under its own power. the other day when using it this problem was out right annoying. i also had a moment when i couldnt get the machine to find a gear. seems after putting it into reverse it finally found a gear in forward. seems i can make a pass or two but then make a turn and the machine doesnt want to go. has anyone been through this? is it linkage issues or is my peerless on the frits? any help would be appreciated. how easy are they to rebuild/fix?

unkownfl
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM
New to this site and hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. machine is a Ransomes Model #XM4831 walk behind and it has a peerless tranny on it. This mower is mostly used here on the farm and it is all "flat" grounds.
late last year the mower seemed to be having some tranny issues. i could shift in and out o gear alright but at times when mowing up a slight incline and i mean slight the tranny wouldnt make the mower go. i would have to push and soon thereafter the mower would go under its own power. the other day when using it this problem was out right annoying. i also had a moment when i couldnt get the machine to find a gear. seems after putting it into reverse it finally found a gear in forward. seems i can make a pass or two but then make a turn and the machine doesnt want to go. has anyone been through this? is it linkage issues or is my peerless on the frits? any help would be appreciated. how easy are they to rebuild/fix?

Watch the pulleys on the end of the shaft to see if it is a belt tension or transmission issues. If the pulley is turning and your not going anywhere its a tension issue. I normally see one gear go or grinding when its a transmission but I have only had issues with one. It would pop the gear back out and wouldn't stay engaged.