PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Protection Headphones????

N.TX
04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Last year I had bought a couple of pairs of AOSaftey blockade earbuds and they were awesome. Well I guess they are discontinued which i dont understand because they were great. Is there anything else like them out there at a reasonable price???

unkownfl
04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I wear husqvarna muffs because I listen to my Iphone so I can hear if it rings, radio, Ipod.

N.TX
04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a problem with muffs because my glasses pull them away from my head and the echo effect seems louder then just not wearing protection at all.

StrokerTurbo7.3
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
When I bought my trimmers I went ahead and bought the Stihl hearing protection. My guess is Stihl makes better ones since I only paid around $15 for them. Problem I have with them is when mowing there is still a loud/deep drone. It's better than nothing but I still feel there is room for improvement. Are there any made that have an MP3 player built into them?

unkownfl
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
I wear oakleys with mine and they seem to still do the job. You need to get ones with good padding so it can absorb the frame of the glasses without letting sound in. In the AF they use a combination of both on the flight line.

N.TX
04-30-2010, 10:31 PM
I have oakley half jackets ... i may have to try some huskavarna muffs .. the other ones lowes sells suck with my glasses.

topsites
04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd say my first two years I used to wear muffs ALL the time.
But they break and they're expensive...

So ever since I discovered these:
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?R=SAS6100_0006418077

I bought the whole dang box, it cost me like $40 at the time.
That was some years ago.

There's 200 in there.
ONE of them lasts me several days.
When they get dirty, they can be thrown in the wash machine at least once,
to be air dried and re-used.

Only trick to learn is how to put them in.

Only time I wear muffs is in the winter to help keep my ears warm, any other time I wear the plugs.

topsites
04-30-2010, 11:25 PM
These guys...
http://fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0281817&ucst=t

Price is a lot friendlier than NAPA.
Also Grainger has some.

Rivervalleylawns
04-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I use a bluetOoth headset for my blackberry. Usually have pandora playing!
Posted via Mobile Device