PDA

View Full Version : noise violation

M.A.Landscaping
05-01-2010, 12:02 PM
i got the cops called on me yesterday morning at about 7:15 for a noise violation. i started cutting the grass and the home owner came outside to ask me a question and her neighbor came out screaming in her pajamas and called the cops, (when i could see and hear someone else cutting grass about 4 houses away) i just found out that i cant start cutting grass until 8 am but construction workers start at about 7 am so i am a little confused. any input?

Richard Martin
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
The contruction workers will be gone in a couple/few months. You keep coming back. Year after year. You're like a snowbird.

Lawn N Order
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Depends on each city. Every place has their own ordiances about that stuff. Theres some cities here that have exemptions for lawn mowers and snow blowers, for the basic reason that some people have to do it early in the morning or in the evening. Some places dont allow it.

Cboy7
05-01-2010, 03:42 PM
did you get a ticket?

I used to mow gas stations beside apartments at 630am and they called the cops and he said he has to come out and to just be as quiet as possible.

Yes I wish too that we could start at 7.

rjh4758
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Not good publicity mowing in residential neighborhoods much before 8:00AM. Most people might be at or on their way to work at that time but there also those that are home during the day (elderly , stay at home moms with sleeping kids, ect). I will mow early if I have a rural home that the homeowner gives me the OK to do so or if it is a commercial area that has no homes near by. I know it sucks and it will suck even more when the thermometer is over 100.

Alan0354
05-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Blasting before 8am!!! Cold!!!