PDA

View Full Version : Alliance gator dust problem

BrandonV
05-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Guys we did an arbel job the other month and the sand is doing some odd things... in some places it's coming up in clumps and in others it turning back into sand? Any help is appreciated.

BrandonV
05-01-2010, 11:04 AM
super sand btw not gator dust... don't know why i wrote that.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm questioning mine also, but mine might be installer error. I powerwashed my personal paver patio and reinstalled some supersand. It is coming up in small flaking chunks. I think mine is due to not getting a thick enough sand joint because the rest of the patio is fine except for 2 area's. I haven't had any other complaints or noticed any problems with other patio's I've installed.

Krafty
05-01-2010, 07:49 PM
The only alliance product that we use is gator dust. We use the other brand for our pavers. But where do I begin with the gator dust problems...... I'm questioning using it ever again or not, we have had several issues with the gator dust this spring. Problems from it peeling up in chuncks, to the top 3/8" getting spongie and seperating, to have bad efflorescence stains comming out of the joints. So far Alliance has been good in helping to try and figure out the problems but I am very leary of the product to say the least right now.