PDA

View Full Version : Double blades & plastic toys

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-05-2002, 02:16 PM
Since switching to double blades this spring, one of the many things to impress me is the ability to completly pulverize a plastic toy left in the yard. Those plastic airplanes chop up real well. All evidence is disposed of with one pass of the mower. I wonder how double blades chop up cheap plastic lawn furniture left on the lawn??????

LAWNS AND MOWER

turfman33
07-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Don't you just love people that leave stuff out for us to dodge, or, mulch.

Steve

Richard Martin
07-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Too bad toys aren't still made out of metal. Running over a few of those would cure you of what I consider to be a rude thing to do. I don't mind moving an item or two. If it gets to be excessive then call the homeowner and talk to them about the problem. Destroying toys left in the yard is not the key to good customer relations.

Mark
07-05-2002, 09:59 PM
Well said Richard,i try my best not to run over paper let alone my clients childrens toys...Marks Mowing Service

Grass_Slayer
07-05-2002, 10:09 PM
i always try to push it out of my way with the deck, bu sometimes the toys just slip under there. oops.

LawnSmith
07-05-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
Since switching to double blades this spring, one of the many things to impress me is the ability to completly pulverize a plastic toy left in the yard. Those plastic airplanes chop up real well. All evidence is disposed of with one pass of the mower. I wonder how double blades chop up cheap plastic lawn furniture left on the lawn??????

LAWNS AND MOWER

chopping up toys wouldnt float on the props i do or any respectable LCO in my area. i would get canned in a heartbeat if i was to chop up a clients toy or garden hose, dog, cat, etc, you get the picture.

Darryl G
07-05-2002, 11:04 PM
I agree, I move things out of the way. You never know, that toy you ran over may be a 4 year olds favorite toy! Why not just kick it out of the way or go around it? Now running over a phone book, that's fun!:D

hubb
07-05-2002, 11:57 PM
What would the world be like if someone had chopped up Woody and Buzz?:mad:
I have to admit I have accidentially chopped up a few toys on some of my apartment complexes that I do. But it was only because I didn't see them. I try not to run over anything. I even once moved a whole family of rabbits across the road. Well one didn't make it. He ran under my deck and I didn't know it until he flew out in peices when I turned the blade on, but the others were ok because I moved them.

Brickman
07-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Running over toys at a res property is different than a commercial prop where some body has dumped some thing. At one appartment complex I mow the one resident had no responsibility for her self or her kids. And after weeks and weeks and weeks of moving their stuff on mowing day I would run over the smallest items. Well one day the ----- saw me, and totally came unhinged. She acted like her kid was in major emotional trama for the rest of his life and on and on because he saw me run over his toy. When I asked her why SHE didn't pick the stuff up on mowing day she didn't feel like it was her problem. It was mine, that was what I was paid to do. I would even mow the entire prop except in front of this unit so that she would have close to an hour to pick up their stuff. I called the complex manager and she said do not worry, this person was a major PITA and that she would send the renter a letter telling them that I was not responsible for her kids toys and to keep them picked up.
That was the end of the fight with that renter. And the manager didn't feel bad that I made the renter pissed.

randosh4
07-06-2002, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
[B]Since switching to double blades this spring, one of the many things to impress me is the ability to completly pulverize a plastic toy left in the yard. Those plastic airplanes chop up real well. All evidence is disposed of with one pass of the mower. I wonder how double blades chop up cheap plastic lawn furniture left on the lawn??????

like sh---t through a goose been there done that

brucec32
07-06-2002, 02:59 AM
I think it was a joke, folks. People are bad about leaving stuff laying about. Kids today usually aren't taught the value of toys and the importance of putting them up when done. I see all kinds of ruined stuff laying out in lawns. Surplus of money, shortage of common sense. Lord knows what these little monsters will grow up to be with practically no socialization.

"I weep for the future" ha!

LAWNS AND MOWER
07-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
Too bad toys aren't still made out of metal. Running over a few of those would cure you of what I consider to be a rude thing to do. I don't mind moving an item or two. If it gets to be excessive then call the homeowner and talk to them about the problem. Destroying toys left in the yard is not the key to good customer relations.

My customers know when I'm coming to mow, so there's no excuse for the toys not to be picked up. I'll give them 2 chances, and then it's open season after that. Shat, I even chop up my own kids toys. I tell them in the morning before I leave that I'm mowing the yard when I get home and that if any chopable toys are in the yard, then they're bye-bye.

LAWNS AND MOWER