PDA

View Full Version : Hit a dog today

agrostis palustris
07-05-2002, 09:11 PM
I was trimming today at a customer's house and one of their German Sheppards came up to me to investigate what I was doing. I have only been workin at the house now for about 1 1/4 years. So the dog comes up to me, and puts her face right by the trimmer head. She got so close that she got hit in the mouth by the line. She let out a yelp and took off. I felt REALLY bad about what happened and went to check on her to make sure I hadn't broken any skin or anything. I sure hope that there won't be any problems at this place when I go back next time :(

Brickman
07-05-2002, 09:18 PM
That has happened to me too. I am willing to bet that the dog will leave you alone from now on.

Grass_Slayer
07-05-2002, 09:24 PM
did u not talk to the customer bout it man? thats the first thing i would do. most of my customers would call their dog an idiot anyway!

agrostis palustris
07-05-2002, 09:39 PM
The customer is in Florida right now, the in-laws are watchin the place right now. It's not something I am going to bother him about once he gets back as he is not down there for a good reason :(

gvandora
07-05-2002, 10:18 PM
I would get in touch with someone who looks after the dog just in case its more serious than you thought.

65hoss
07-05-2002, 10:21 PM
He'll live. Don't worry about it. The dog learned a valuable lesson today. A little sting on the mouth will do him some good.

Bladewielder
07-05-2002, 11:08 PM
Make sure the customer finds out from you. Contact whomever is responsible for the dog ASAP. Even though it might not be any big deal it could save some uncomfortability later and also reinforce your customer's belief in your honesty.

yardboyltd
07-06-2002, 01:47 AM
I've caught some small dogs in corners by surpise... never got em though. Don't worry about the dog's health...

I have a fully german blooded male german sheppard and labrador retriever/german sheppard male mix... The testerterone is to great for them and cannot be let out together or they fight... They've been away from each since pups when they started fighting.. Well last year I had the lab out running and some how the german sheppard got out... It was horrific.. One of the saddest things I ever saw, it was like watching wolves fight and nothing i could do without risking myself. They tore at each other for 30min until tiring. They had put deathgrips on each other several times. I thought they would dead. Ends up got them seperated. Several lesions on there bodies but other than being tired for the next day, you wouldn't have know anything happend...

Don't worry about it, German sheppards are tough... While some may consider it bad business not to tell the owner, I would find telling the owner in thiss instance more insignificant to the dogs health and demeaning to your own. You just never now how an wner will react.

awm
07-06-2002, 07:18 AM
dog will be alrite. long as u didnt hit his eye.an lesson learned ,for him i mean.
here in the country dogs used to run loose ,most time. i wouldnt get real attached untill my dog had been bumped by a car. that lesson learned. dogs sometimes lived 12-15 yrs. hate to go on . but now ,i literally slow to a crawl passing dogs an kids walkin beside the highway. near as i can figure,they gonna dart in front of u ,about 5-10 percent o the time. so i dont take a chance.