PDA

View Full Version : Jungle wheels $40

Tony Harrell
07-05-2002, 10:26 PM
My last bug spray account today and the guy had a walk behind in the yard. I struck up a conversation with him and he used to do lawns. He had an extra set of jungle wheels without the mounting plate, looked new to me. I asked him how much (execting to hear $75-100 or more). $40 DOLLARS!!! I ran to get my checkbook and loaded them up before he could change his mind. Maybe he'll sell me his walkbehind! I planted that seed while I was there. He lives in the country and has several pieces of equipment like tractors and all kinds of Stihl stuff. What a deal! There truly is karma if you've read my other post about somebody letting me down.

jhawk71
07-06-2002, 12:29 AM
i wish i was in your situation i am looking for jungle wheels and the cheapest i can find then are 189. But i am not looking that hard just keeping my eyes peeled for that great buy.
Jhawk71

Tony Harrell
07-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Those wheels were sitting ouside behind his shed and the clevis is locked into the bushing. I've tried everything but it looks like it will get replaced. Also, I was lubing the other points and one of the bushings started coming out against this wacky cotter pin that wraps around. It may be functional but, it looks like a Rube Goldberg thing if you ask me. So, $40 for the wheels and I have to get a mounting plate (probably $30) and new bushings. I think I'm still ahead though.

jay warner
07-07-2002, 11:12 AM
I own several sets of Jungle Wheels and have a problem with them falling apart. I went to there website and emailed Jennifer about my problems and she was very helpful. They replaced my two problemed sets at a huge discount. Like you say though they look like **** but they do still roll. Somehow?

jay warner
07-07-2002, 11:15 AM
All I said was * * * * and got censored? Oh well. Maybe I should have said they look like the devil but they still roll.

Tony Harrell
07-08-2002, 06:40 AM
Jay, you probably wrote c*r*a*p. Don't know why it's censored, happened to me too. Back to the topic. I got the clevis out using a hammer, polished it with some emery cloth. It works just fine. The other joint is ok also. I'm going to put a heavy duty washer on it and then a hitch pin instead of that wacky cotter pin. The pictures of Jungle Wheels have hitch pins but I've seen that wacky cotter pin in replacement parts catalogs.